Football camps this summer

What are some of the best football camps in the Southeast that players will be attending?

For the past few years I know a great player that has made it to an O-D camp which is a full contact camp and always has him a step ahead of the rest of his team on conditioning alone.

If you have any information on great college football camps feel free to post it up for everyone to see.

We will be hosting the Darin Slack Quarterback Academy at Red Bank High School in Chattanooga on June 19-20. This is the best QB camp in the nation! Darin Slack and his staff do a wonderful job of TEACHING fundamentals, not just letting kids get reps. This camp does give them plenty of reps, but the basis is to correct fundamentals. It is an eye opener to players and coaches. It is never too late to learn the most biomechanically sound way to throw. It is also a great Leadership camp as well. This will be the 6th year we will be hosting this camp in the Chattanooga area. Darin has produced numerous college QBs as well as two NFL QBs in Matt Flynn, LSU, (Green Bay) and Billy Farris (newly drafted Cincinatti Bengals) out of Colorado State. If you want your QB to learn how to self-correct, to become a better leader, and to understand WHY he does something, you need to attend a Darin Slack Quarteback Academy camp. Go to www.quarterbackacademy.com to get registered. You will not be disappointed!

We will be hosting the Darin Slack Quarterback Academy at Red Bank High School in Chattanooga on June 19-20. This is the best QB camp in the nation! Darin Slack and his staff do a wonderful job of TEACHING fundamentals, not just letting kids get reps. This camp does give them plenty of reps, but the basis is to correct fundamentals. It is an eye opener to players and coaches. It is never too late to learn the most biomechanically sound way to throw. It is also a great Leadership camp as well. This will be the 6th year we will be hosting this camp in the Chattanooga area. Darin has produced numerous college QBs as well as two NFL QBs in Matt Flynn, LSU, (Green Bay) and Billy Farris (newly drafted Cincinatti Bengals) out of Colorado State. If you want your QB to learn how to self-correct, to become a better leader, and to understand WHY he does something, you need to attend a Darin Slack Quarteback Academy camp. Go to www.quarterbackacademy.com to get registered. You will not be disappointed!

Darin Slack does an excellent job. We went to 2 of his camps.

As far as other summer camps, it really depends on where you're at in your high school career. If you're a Junior and getting some looks from colleges, then go to the 1-Day type camps at the colleges showing interest.

If you're a freshman or sophmore, then the 2-3 day overnight camps are good.

Western Ky usually has a pretty good one.

If your son is a QB then I can't argue with the Darin Slack recommendations. He is a wonderful teacher. My son attended one of his camps about 3 years ago in Chattanooga, schedule conflicts have prevented us from returning but we hope to be able to attend again this year. His instruction on QB mechanics is valuable, but I appreciate his tips on how to be a leader and the role the QB should play even more than the passing mechanics info. You can tell he is passionate about what he does.

Also, if your son is a QB or Reciever, I would strongly recommend the Bobby Lamb Camp at Furman. It is a residents camp, non-contact, and they work their tails off. Its good for the QB's to throw to actual receivers, and believe me, they throw, throw, throw, and then throw some more. They also offer a linemans camp in conjunction with the QB/Recievers , but I don't know much about that portion of the camp. I do know that Maryville High School sends a couple bus loads of players each year.