Bruceton Tigers Spring Practice

Thats good to hear. Has anyone heard how many boys will be coming out for Spring Practice.

GO TIGERS!!!!!

Was out and watched practice yesterday. Enthusiasm seemed really good. Had a good number of boys out. Upper 20's to 30 I would say. Have several yet to get pads due to taking physicals I was told. One of the players said they had about 10 more in the wings on the way out.

They scrimmage Lewis Co. at Bruceton on Thursday afternoon and Riverside? next week. Someone said Riverside, not sure on that.

Looked like they were trying to get back to hard nosed blocking and running style that has worked well in the past.

Haynes and Hanson looked good in backfield. Tom Tom King gave offensive line fits. He is gonna be a good nose guard over next couple years.

Overall they looked pretty good to just be getting their feet under them.

I am new to coacht. I have been a Tiger fan for many years. I have not been to any games the last few years because frankly like alot of people, I could not stand watching the coaching that took place. I hear from family that the stands were pretty bare last year. I decided this afternoon to take a ride to the school to watch spring practice. I will tell you, there were five coaches out there that knew what they were doing. The kids and the atmosphere was wonderful. The coaches respect the kids and the kids respect the coaches. We have not seen that the past 5 years or so. I don't think that anyone expects a miracle but I will bet that there will be a couple of wins under our belt this year. I hear there is a scrimmage on Thursday afternoon. I can't wait to see these boys in action. As I watched today, the kids really paid attention to the coaches and listened to what they had to say. From what I hear neither of the other coaches have been to watch this practice, but why would they. They have more out for spring than played last year. I really think the stands will start to fill up this year and the support of the community will be back. I believe there will be alot of support for these young coaches as they bring Tiger football back. I noticed 3 of them that played under Coach Sturdivant and Coach McGee and 2 of them I know played on the Championship team. I wonder if we will see any of Sturdivant or McGee's coaching techniques come back. This is a very exciting year for Bruceton. Lets fill them stands and support these kids and coaches. GO TIGERS!

Does anyone know if the middle school coaches are moving around or if they are staying put? I seen all them out there this afternoon with high school.

I am new to coacht. I have been a Tiger fan for many years. I have not been to any games the last few years because frankly like alot of people, I could not stand watching the coaching that took place. I hear from family that the stands were pretty bare last year. I decided this afternoon to take a ride to the school to watch spring practice. I will tell you, there were five coaches out there that knew what they were doing. The kids and the atmosphere was wonderful. The coaches respect the kids and the kids respect the coaches. We have not seen that the past 5 years or so. I don't think that anyone expects a miracle but I will bet that there will be a couple of wins under our belt this year. I hear there is a scrimmage on Thursday afternoon. I can't wait to see these boys in action. As I watched today, the kids really paid attention to the coaches and listened to what they had to say. From what I hear neither of the other coaches have been to watch this practice, but why would they. They have more out for spring than played last year. I really think the stands will start to fill up this year and the support of the community will be back. I believe there will be alot of support for these young coaches as they bring Tiger football back. I noticed 3 of them that played under Coach Sturdivant and Coach McGee and 2 of them I know played on the Championship team. I wonder if we will see any of Sturdivant or McGee's coaching techniques come back. This is a very exciting year for Bruceton. Lets fill them stands and support these kids and coaches. GO TIGERS!

Does anyone know if the middle school coaches are moving around or if they are staying put? I seen all them out there this afternoon with high school.

I was also very excited to see the changes in practice. The new guys are bringing back how it was done a few years ago. The practices are conducted very much like Coach McGee and Coach Sturdivant used to conduct them in regards to scheme and content. I saw some good points made to the line and to the backs in individual drills. Emphasis on fundamentals like staying low moving feet, wrapping up on defense, breaking tackles on offense, protecting the ball... a lot of good teaching.

A few people thought, when they heard Williams getting vocal with the players, that Coach McGee was actually back out there. LOL I really had more than one person say that to me.

The kids are showing some want to hit you. That seems to have been lacking for whatever reason for the last few years. Even to some degree in that team that went 7-3. I really think that bunch could have been very good had they had the Sturd/McGee coaching for 4 years.

Haynes, Jordan, Hamsen, King all looked good. QB looked pretty good. New TB, Wortham looked good especially to be a Freshman.

Actually saw the D step up and ask to lay down the pads and want to hit somebody yesterday. I havn't seen that in a while. They got fired up and it was a good little scrap. Kid they call cowboy has a lot of potential.

Better atmosphere, more enthusiasm, = better football and more wins.

I am much like you I went to one game last year and that was all I could take. Ended up at Camden or Henry County most of the other Friday nights and through playoffs, and I wasn't alone. Bruceton had a pretty good section at all the games I attended. LOL

Don't plan on seeing many of those games this year. Back on board, excited and following the Tigers again!

I don't expect them to beat Lewis County Thursday, but I do expect that they will show up and give 110% from what I have seen in practice so far and that is half the battle!

They say that there are about 10 guys to get physical yet.

Any chance they will reschedule it for next week?

I heard today that they were NOT rescheduling the scrimmage but they will be having a scrimmage next thurseday agains south fulton. So come out and support this program

TIGER PRIDE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />