TSSAA Board Member Pleads Ignorance regarding TSSAA Tournament Rules

Chief

Pitiful is the best way I can describe the situation surronding this game, but that does not suprise me at all since West High School is involved! Allways wanting something for nothing championships are not meant to be easy, and they sure dont mean as much when they are not earned! I know I know I know "that is what the rules say" will be your reply, those rules would never been brought to anyones attention if the Trojans had been down 1 to 0. Integrity is the word of the day Mr Reed!

This thread wouldn't be here either if Cherokee had won.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did the opposing coach agree to play?

Why did the umpires agree to play?

Good questions.

The answer is pretty simple.

Opposing coach was acting on the direction of the head of TSSAA board of controls. Umpires stated that they had no control over the start of the game, but once the game started, it was their call. While stopping it 5 batters in, may seem like a pretty quick stoppage, if you had been there, you would have seen that it was extended about three batters longer than any reasonable umpire would have. BTW....umpire was M West grad.

As a side note, it is my understanding that the District 2 AAA baseball experienced play stoppage due to weather this year and that the game was started over the next day.

Someone from TSSAA needs to stick their nose into Morristown and see what's going on.

If for one ding dang minute anybody is taking anything away from the team that won West High and those girls that played then your a loser.... I was at both games and watched and the best team that day did freakin win the ding dang ball game. Who cares about all the bull crap you want to put up. The real thing is the team that was on the field won the game fair and square. They did not cheat they did not cheat they did not cheat. I have no one on either team and am ticked off that anyone would even comment on the game as to it not being fair. DONT TAKE Anything away form the West High girls they are great girls and worked hard for that win. Yes Cherokee is a great team but not as great as in the past and did not move on STUFF happens thats why it is a game. It is a game to be played there is always a winner and a loser..

Great job West High Trojans. Good luck to the Seniors from Cherokee in your future travels. ENough said.

I appreciate the bond that you have with the girls on both Morristown teams and in no way is there an intent to take anything away from the players.

I think you missed the point. The game should have never been started and if any of the players had anything taken away from them, it was the girls from Cherokee. It wasn't at the hands of the players...it was at the hands of Morristown West and TSSAA leadership.

If for one ding dang minute anybody is taking anything away from the team that won West High and those girls that played then your a loser.... I was at both games and watched and the best team that day did freakin win the ding dang ball game. Who cares about all the bull crap you want to put up. The real thing is the team that was on the field won the game fair and square. They did not cheat they did not cheat they did not cheat. I have no one on either team and am ticked off that anyone would even comment on the game as to it not being fair. DONT TAKE Anything away form the West High girls they are great girls and worked hard for that win. Yes Cherokee is a great team but not as great as in the past and did not move on STUFF happens thats why it is a game. It is a game to be played there is always a winner and a loser..

Great job West High Trojans. Good luck to the Seniors from Cherokee in your future travels. ENough said.

If you were at the Wednesday night game then it must not have rained a tremendous downour where you were sitting/or standing or maybe in a vehicle. The field was definately unplayable and not only should Mr Reed have claimed the field unplayable, the TSSAA officials should have checked the outfield also...or is that not part of the playing field since it was not covered by a tarp!!! Since when during a day long rain which consisted of several downpours does the covered infield dictate whether the "playing field" is safe to play on. Last I checked there are 3 players in the outfield that is as important as the 6 in the infield. My question is, if M. West were the home team I bet Mr. Reed would have never moved it to 6pm with weather conditions as bad as they were knowing that M. West would have had to play defense first and knowning they would have struggled on defense nor would Mr. Wild have worked so diligently to prepare the infield for play under such adverse conditions. Yes Mr. Reed , a TSSAA control member, is at fault , the umpires and the umpire supervisor is at fault for even starting that game in the first place. Not either team was a fault or cheated, true, but several adults are responsible for not making the "playing field" equal and safe for both teams in such an important game . Oh by the way... I feel that TSSAA should adjust there suspended play rule possibly to read "in the event the game is suspended due to inclement weather and unsafe conditions, the game will only continue from where it was suspended if and only if one "complete" inning has been played"- maybe this will prevent such a controversal situation regarding this game for some other teams in the future. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Anyone in their right mind would not have wanted to have played defense in that mess!!!

If you were at the Wednesday night game then it must not have rained a tremendous downour where you were sitting/or standing or maybe in a vehicle. The field was definately unplayable and not only should Mr Reed have claimed the field unplayable, the TSSAA officials should have checked the outfield also...or is that not part of the playing field since it was not covered by a tarp!!! Since when during a day long rain which consisted of several downpours does the covered infield dictate whether the "playing field" is safe to play on. Last I checked there are 3 players in the outfield that is as important as the 6 in the infield. My question is, if M. West were the home team I bet Mr. Reed would have never moved it to 6pm with weather conditions as bad as they were knowing that M. West would have had to play defense first and knowning they would have struggled on defense nor would Mr. Wild have worked so diligently to prepare the infield for play under such adverse conditions. Yes Mr. Reed , a TSSAA control member, is at fault , the umpires and the umpire supervisor is at fault for even starting that game in the first place. Not either team was a fault or cheated, true, but several adults are responsible for not making the "playing field" equal and safe for both teams in such an important game . Oh by the way... I feel that TSSAA should adjust there suspended play rule possibly to read "in the event the game is suspended due to inclement weather and unsafe conditions, the game will only continue from where it was suspended if and only if one "complete" inning has been played"- maybe this will prevent such a controversal situation regarding this game for some other teams in the future. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Anyone in their right mind would not have wanted to have played defense in that mess!!!

Great post but remember you are talking about the TSSAA.

.....Unplayable ....Unsafe playing conditions ...."A Mess" .....Not safe to play on!!...Never heard these complaints ...Till the final score was posted....Now were blaming everyone except the gate keeper...or does she have a hidden adgenda behind the outcome...maybe need to check into that one too ...never know!!

.....Unplayable ....Unsafe playing conditions ...."A Mess" .....Not safe to play on!!...Never heard these complaints ...Till the final score was posted....Now were blaming everyone except the gate keeper...or does she have a hidden adgenda behind the outcome...maybe need to check into that one too ...never know!!

If you were there, you heard all of the above loud and clear wednesday night. No one made too big a deal over it though once it was suspended, because your tournament director had instructed everyone the game would start over....no harm no foul.

Until of course the next morning....harm and foul!

Then if you feel this way so passionately and out of GREAT Concern for your daughters Safety why not take her off the field yourself ?? Instead of risking her HEALTH/Career.....it was so BAD of conditions....Should your daughter have taken the field IN THE FIRST PLACE...??

My particular concern prior to the start of the game was not necessarily "risk of injury", but more poor playing conditions. The field had been worked over all day long. Tarp on, Tarp off, Tarp on, Tarp off, about four times because it had been raining on and off all day with no change in sight. The infield did not seem too bad after all that work. The outfield on the other hand was unplayable. The game should have been postponed for playing conditions when that last 15 minute rain hit right before warmups. There is only so much water a field will take and that infield had had all it could stand. The surface may have appeared OK, but it was saturated. When the rains came in the first inning, it didn't take but a matter of seconds for the surface to become very dangerous to play on. That is an indication of just how close to the hairy edge it was to begin with and no reason whatsoever to believe we weren't going to get more rain. You can talk doppler all you want, but at the time the game started I could see heavy rainfall in the direction of the lake with my own eyes.

It was just a bad decision.

As far as pulling my daughter off the field. Blue should have stopped it at the first drop of additional rainfall. He did not and you were all about a pitch away from witnessing enough of my NC red-neck roots to make Larry the Cable Guy blush!!!!

My particular concern prior to the start of the game was not necessarily "risk of injury", but more poor playing conditions. The field had been worked over all day long. Tarp on, Tarp off, Tarp on, Tarp off, about four times because it had been raining on and off all day with no change in sight. The infield did not seem too bad after all that work. The outfield on the other hand was unplayable. The game should have been postponed for playing conditions when that last 15 minute rain hit right before warmups. There is only so much water a field will take and that infield had had all it could stand. The surface may have appeared OK, but it was saturated. When the rains came in the first inning, it didn't take but a matter of seconds for the surface to become very dangerous to play on. That is an indication of just how close to the hairy edge it was to begin with and no reason whatsoever to believe we weren't going to get more rain. You can talk doppler all you want, but at the time the game started I could see heavy rainfall in the direction of the lake with my own eyes.

It was just a bad decision.

As far as pulling my daughter off the field. Blue should have stopped it at the first drop of additional rainfall. He did not and you were all about a pitch away from witnessing enough of my NC red-neck roots to make Larry the Cable Guy blush!!!!

Lets look at something here. Did or did not the coaches agree to play this game? That would include the cherokee coach correct? HUM did she not care for her team i f the field was so bad? I was at the game and I never heard mention about the field being so devastating. Why was it not devestating when cherokee played jefferson county. I was at that game that played through the torential downpurs soaked all the way through I watched that game and I dont see a thread on here for that game..Oh yeah cherokee won that one didnt they. Enough is enough. You are trying to make people think that the Mr. Reed whom I dont know and that MR. Wild who worked hi butt off for a week on the field cheated and I for one will tell you to go straight to ------. When yo decide to look at the whole picture and the other games that played in the conditions call me and we will discuss. Maybe jeffeson County should come out and start a thread about the awful conditions they had to play in when they played cherokee. I am sure had it not been raining cats and dogs and been a mess they would have beat cherokee.....should that be said. NO it should but it could be just like what you are saying. West was is and has been good enough to beat you. Stop crying over spilt milk and move on. DOnt put bad flavoring on a good thing.

I applaud all the people that worked so hard on the field day in and out so that the players would be safe and the games could be worked in Great job.