favorite friday night moment?

tellicobearfan

We dont have a storied program down on the plains, but here are some of my great moments, and I wish you all would give your opinions as well.

1994 It was my freshman year in hs, and we were playing Seq. county, who was a top 5 team in the state. Despite many problems in the red zone, we pulled off a 9 - 7 victory. Great, great, game.

1994 One week after the seq. county game, we were to play madisonville high school for the last time. Despite the great tradion between these schools, madisonville had a pathetic support. We steamrolled the tornadoes 54 - 6.

1994. It was considered the biggest game ever played in tellico. Meigs county was number one in the state, and tellico was number 4. I have never seen so much hype for a ball game in southern monroe, and have never since. We lost the game 33 - 21, and did not really play that well. But it was so fun that week.

1994 Oliver Springs was to play us for the second time this year. We had beaten them in the opener 27 - 21. They started out the year 0 - 6, but won the final four to make the playoffs. It looked like the bears would roll. Tellico jumped on top 14 - 0, but OS would tie it and eventually take the lead. In a back and forth battle, the bears pulled it off 35 - 28, and headed to onieda, where the bears would lose.

1995 Agaisnt Copper Baisen, Allen Evens was in the national record record books. He had a 100 yard run from the line of scrimmage. Goal line to goal line. I did not realize it at the time, but that was awesome.

1999. We were 1 - 19 in the previous two seasons. We were playing our county rivals the chiefs. They took a 7 - 0 lead, but just moped around before it was too late. We won teh game 17 - 7 in a big upset. Sequoyah would not lose to the third round of the playoffs.

2000 Again against Sequoyah. The madisonville people had t shirts that said "where the heck is tellico plains"? We won the game 13 - 12. We were not that good that year, but it was a nice win.

Also, I seen sweetwater win the state championship, greta game. And I seen maryville beat elizebetbon, on a great finish.

No famous moments, really, but I liked them.

Sequatchie Co. has had some moments that I remember in

1990 beating eventual State Champion Marion County 7-6.

In 1996 coming back from 13 down to beat East Ridge 21-13 at East Ridge the Indians scoring all 21 points in the 4th quarter.

And just last year John Mackersie Kicking a field goal to beat Bledsoe Co. 10-7 I think that was the score with just a few seconds left?

I am sure there has bee many more that I have forgot and ones that happened before I started going to Indian Games!

[Edited by Sequatchie on 9-11-02 4:09P]

My favorite Friday night moment occured the 1st Friday after 9/11. Maryville was host to Morristown West. The game was back and forth, back and forth. It was the most nerve-racking game I had ever scene (and I was relieved when West pulled out the victory :) ) The mood, atmosphere, and the aura..........words can not express. That was the best night in high school football I had ever witnessed.

Guest caligula

1998 Elizabehon 16 Maryville 14. Toki throws a quick out to Cole Hammontree. Cole has his hands over his eyes and one hand out like he is feeling around. Everyone stops not knowing he is inbounds, he then darts 70yds for the score.

2001- Maryville now 12-1 goes to MWest (East field) and takes a sloppy game in the rain. Carl Stewart runs and hops over people all night like it is sunny and dry. The line never faulters once.