Sycamore War Eagles

SHSBuckeye

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My opinion on them.....they have a chance to be solid. Rakes is a good player at LB. He could anchor their defense this season. On offense they will be lead by the 1-2 punch of Landon & Dalton. Lane has the ability to play QB and has in the past but I am sure that Cauley will have a chance to play QB so that Lane can flourish as a runner more than a passer. Either way we will have to wait and see........

Sycamore's district was:

White House, Greenbrier, Macon Co., DeKalb Co., Station Camp, Pearl Cohn

Sycamore's district is now:

White House, Greenbrier, Macon Co., Goodpasture, Westmoreland

I won't be an "expert" like some people (Ditka) but it is obvious that the quality of competition doesn't let up one bit. Sycamore loses a DeKalb Co. program that has been terrible for years up until last year when they had an amazing run to the second round. They pick up a Westmoreland program that year in and year out is very solid and a playoff football team. They lose Pearl Cohn who year in and year out either has the ability to win the state title but then again has the ability to go 2-8 or 1-9. They pick up Goodpasture who year in and year out has the potential to win a state title. Goodpasture never has 2-8 or 1-9 seasons.....NEVER!

White House, like Goodpasture, is going to win a bunch of games and be in the hunt for it all year in and year out. Greenbrier, like Westmoreland, is going to be a team that year in and year out is in the hunt to go to the playoffs and once they get there they will always be a threat to win games.

Macon Co. has a new coaching staff so we will have to wait and see what they will have for the next few years. In the last four years they have been on the good end of a blowout win and on the bad end of a blowout loss against Sycamore. The other two matchups were hard fought close football games that Sycamore pulled out.

Sycamore's non-district slate includes 11-AA teams Creek Wood & Cheatham Co. They have matchups against Metro/Nashville teams Glencliff & East Literature. In the season opener they will meet Clarksville-Northeast.

WHO WANTS TO MAKE A PREDICTION OF WHAT THE WAR EAGLES OVERALL RECORD WILL BE THIS SEASON???

Sycamore's district was:

White House, Greenbrier, Macon Co., DeKalb Co., Station Camp, Pearl Cohn

Sycamore's district is now:

White House, Greenbrier, Macon Co., Goodpasture, Westmoreland

I won't be an "expert" like some people (Ditka) but it is obvious that the quality of competition doesn't let up one bit. Sycamore loses a DeKalb Co. program that has been terrible for years up until last year when they had an amazing run to the second round. They pick up a Westmoreland program that year in and year out is very solid and a playoff football team. They lose Pearl Cohn who year in and year out either has the ability to win the state title but then again has the ability to go 2-8 or 1-9. They pick up Goodpasture who year in and year out has the potential to win a state title. Goodpasture never has 2-8 or 1-9 seasons.....NEVER!

White House, like Goodpasture, is going to win a bunch of games and be in the hunt for it all year in and year out. Greenbrier, like Westmoreland, is going to be a team that year in and year out is in the hunt to go to the playoffs and once they get there they will always be a threat to win games.

Macon Co. has a new coaching staff so we will have to wait and see what they will have for the next few years. In the last four years they have been on the good end of a blowout win and on the bad end of a blowout loss against Sycamore. The other two matchups were hard fought close football games that Sycamore pulled out.

Sycamore's non-district slate includes 11-AA teams Creek Wood & Cheatham Co. They have matchups against Metro/Nashville teams Glencliff & East Literature. In the season opener they will meet Clarksville-Northeast.

WHO WANTS TO MAKE A PREDICTION OF WHAT THE WAR EAGLES OVERALL RECORD WILL BE THIS SEASON???

I never claimed to be an expert, but if you want to call me one...I understand.

Sycamore could be in for a rough year as they lost several key players from last year after advancing to the 2nd round of playoffs. NE is improving under their new coach and have always had athletes. Tough opener for SHS. Glencliff will bring speed and size, but never seem to put it all together. East Lit? Who knows anything about them? I dont. Creekwood and Cheatham will be close games as they almost always are. Same type of kids and good rivalries. GP and WH will battle for the region championship and I would like to see that game. Westmoreland is stepping up in competition, has a new coach, and will interesting to see how they match up. They've been pretty good lately. Greenbrier is also another big rivalry game for SHS as well.

I'm going out on a limb and say SHS will be somewhere around the .500 mark. The 3 games w/ Cheatham, Greenbrier, and Creekwood could go either way and that hinges where SHS will finish in my guess.

I never claimed to be an expert, but if you want to call me one...I understand.

Sycamore could be in for a rough year as they lost several key players from last year after advancing to the 2nd round of playoffs. NE is improving under their new coach and have always had athletes. Tough opener for SHS. Glencliff will bring speed and size, but never seem to put it all together. East Lit? Who knows anything about them? I dont. Creekwood and Cheatham will be close games as they almost always are. Same type of kids and good rivalries. GP and WH will battle for the region championship and I would like to see that game. Westmoreland is stepping up in competition, has a new coach, and will interesting to see how they match up. They've been pretty good lately. Greenbrier is also another big rivalry game for SHS as well.

I'm going out on a limb and say SHS will be somewhere around the .500 mark. The 3 games w/ Cheatham, Greenbrier, and Creekwood could go either way and that hinges where SHS will finish in my guess.

Since you obviously don't like Sycamore's chances against White House, Goodpasture, and Northeast then I am going to guess that you are chalking up wins for the War Eagles in the games against Glencliff, Macon Co., and even Westmoreland (you don't have them as 1 of the 3 games).

Greenbrier is, and always will be, one of the more crucial games on the schedule for Sycamore. I agree there! Surely though Sycamore will be able to beat Cheatham Co. & Creek Wood. You said yourself that Sycamore owns Cheatham Co. and that the Cubs coaches are "lost and dumbfounded". You also said that beating Creek Wood was no big task. After all they were 1-9 and have only had 1 winning season right???? Sycamore will certainly be able to beat teams that could do nothing but get butt "fixed" in the playoffs............NO PROBLEM!

I am going to be really eager to see how this plays out for you............... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Since you obviously don't like Sycamore's chances against White House, Goodpasture, and Northeast then I am going to guess that you are chalking up wins for the War Eagles in the games against Glencliff, Macon Co., and even Westmoreland (you don't have them as 1 of the 3 games).

Greenbrier is, and always will be, one of the more crucial games on the schedule for Sycamore. I agree there! Surely though Sycamore will be able to beat Cheatham Co. & Creek Wood. You said yourself that Sycamore owns Cheatham Co. and that the Cubs coaches are "lost and dumbfounded". You also said that beating Creek Wood was no big task. After all they were 1-9 and have only had 1 winning season right???? Sycamore will certainly be able to beat teams that could do nothing but get butt "fixed" in the playoffs............NO PROBLEM!

I am going to be really eager to see how this plays out for you............... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

You love to twist stories dont you!

I said Cheatham coaches were "lost and dumbfounded" against Greenbrier. Look it up. That doesnt mean they are lost and dumbfounded people or coaches. Never said SHS owns Cheatham. I simply stated that they lead the all-time series 5-3. Take that however you may. Never said Sycamore woud beat or lose to any certain team either. Look it up.

I just own YOU boy! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So what's your predictions for both SHS and CCCHS hotshot?

You love to twist stories dont you!

I said Cheatham coaches were "lost and dumbfounded" against Greenbrier. Look it up. That doesnt mean they are lost and dumbfounded people or coaches. Never said SHS owns Cheatham. I simply stated that they lead the all-time series 5-3. Take that however you may. Never said Sycamore woud beat or lose to any certain team either. Look it up.

I just own YOU boy! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

So what's your predictions for both SHS and CCCHS hotshot?

Well "hotshot" since you refused to answer my previous post then I'll change my whole approach on answering this last question. Both teams will likely be around the 6-4 or 5-5 mark and battle for the playoffs. Sycamore will not be expected to beat either Goodpasture or White House. Cheatham Co. will not be expected to beat either Camden or Creek Wood. Sycamore will be underdogs in non-district games against Northeast and Creek Wood. Cheatham Co. will be underdogs in non-district games against Smith Co. and Greenbrier.

Sycamore will be expected to beat Macon Co. Cheatham Co. will be expected to beat Stewart Co. Sycamore's fate comes down to the Greenbrier game as far as the playoffs are concerned. Cheatham Co.'s fate comes down to the games against Harpeth & Waverly Central as far as the playoffs are concerned.

Sycamore has a great opportunity to win a district game against Westmoreland but it doesn't really look to affect them in the big picture. Cheatham Co. has a great opportunity to win a district game against Montgomery Central but it doesn't really look to affect them in the big picture.

How does Sycamore do in non-district games against Glencliff & East Literature???? How does Cheatham Co. do in their non-district game against East Robertson???? I hope that both teams prevail in all of those games. We'll have to wait and see..........

As for the "Powder Keg" battle.......it is going to be a tough fought game again no question about it. No favorites going into this one. It's going to be tough for the Cubs to defend their 2008 County Championship. The games against Sycamore & Harpeth are going to be great environments for certain.

Both teams will have to win their critical games to get to the playoffs. Both will have some tough obstacles in district play and both will play some very tough non-district competition. That's why I like both to have a good shot at stealing at least one game if they both make it to the playoffs.

Well "hotshot" since you refused to answer my previous post then I'll change my whole approach on answering this last question. Both teams will likely be around the 6-4 or 5-5 mark and battle for the playoffs. Sycamore will not be expected to beat either Goodpasture or White House. Cheatham Co. will not be expected to beat either Camden or Creek Wood. Sycamore will be underdogs in non-district games against Northeast and Creek Wood. Cheatham Co. will be underdogs in non-district games against Smith Co. and Greenbrier.

Sycamore will be expected to beat Macon Co. Cheatham Co. will be expected to beat Stewart Co. Sycamore's fate comes down to the Greenbrier game as far as the playoffs are concerned. Cheatham Co.'s fate comes down to the games against Harpeth & Waverly Central as far as the playoffs are concerned.

Sycamore has a great opportunity to win a district game against Westmoreland but it doesn't really look to affect them in the big picture. Cheatham Co. has a great opportunity to win a district game against Montgomery Central but it doesn't really look to affect them in the big picture.

How does Sycamore do in non-district games against Glencliff & East Literature???? How does Cheatham Co. do in their non-district game against East Robertson???? I hope that both teams prevail in all of those games. We'll have to wait and see..........

As for the "Powder Keg" battle.......it is going to be a tough fought game again no question about it. No favorites going into this one. It's going to be tough for the Cubs to defend their 2008 County Championship. The games against Sycamore & Harpeth are going to be great environments for certain.

Both teams will have to win their critical games to get to the playoffs. Both will have some tough obstacles in district play and both will play some very tough non-district competition. That's why I like both to have a good shot at stealing at least one game if they both make it to the playoffs.

What previous post you talking about? The one you deleted admitting you are gay??? I thought so. No I'm not interested. I'm straight.

Nice signature! Maybe I should add somthing like 2001, 02, 04, 06, 07 County Champs. Oh yeah, that trumps the 3 claimed county champs by you. I'm sure you'll be offended by that. I could add all the years Sycamore has been to the playoffs which equals 60% of the time in Sycamore's history. Not great, but is better than Cheatham's historical percentage.

What previous post you talking about? The one you deleted admitting you are gay??? I thought so. No I'm not interested. I'm straight.

Nice signature! Maybe I should add somthing like 2001, 02, 04, 06, 07 County Champs. Oh yeah, that trumps the 3 claimed county champs by you. I'm sure you'll be offended by that. I could add all the years Sycamore has been to the playoffs which equals 60% of the time in Sycamore's history. Not great, but is better than Cheatham's historical percentage.

You have a problem with gay jokes..........SERIOUSLY! I am starting to worry about you.

I knew you would like that signature. Glad to see it bothers you so much /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

This is a Sycamore thread........not a Cheatham thread so try to stay on topic. At least I have done so by stating useful information. You are just useless and spineless /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

YOU deleted the post!!!! Not me!!!

Doesnt bother me at all. I think its funny!

Ok, here's some useful info for you: Cheatham plays in a WEAK REGION!

I think everyone realizes that you had a mod delete it because that would be an act of your type of bravery....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

COUNTY CHAMPS FROM 2008 = CCCHS

Don't be jealous.........or gay /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="