A/AA Tournament

BigJee

Nothing wrong with personal observations.

Super stars are great! They score some big goals and win some big games. I am sure not arguing that point. But sometimes, not having a superstar can actually boost your other members of the team in realizing they need to bring up their individual games. I am excited this year because instead of one player with 30 goals, I have 5 players with 10 or more goals.

We also realize that ANY team can be beaten on any given day. There is no automatic win, or berth to the next round. If one takes a team lightly in the state tournament, then that team might find their journey quite short. I plan on not making that mistake. We cannot look past the quarterfinals. We have 80 minutes to play against a quality West TN team. I don't know much about them, but I am learning.

Can't wait to play! It should be GREAT weather on super fields (at least I hope the fields are in good shape!)

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good point Sausy37. I feel like this is probably the strongest team CAK has had in the past years. This is the biggest group of seniors in a while I believe too, isn't that right BigG? We will see what happens in a few days though. Looking forward to the tourney this year. I hope to see CAK and Alcoa in the state finals as it will be a big Knoxville championship game once again.

Very good point Sausy37. I feel like this is probably the strongest team CAK has had in the past years. This is the biggest group of seniors in a while I believe too, isn't that right BigG? We will see what happens in a few days though. Looking forward to the tourney this year. I hope to see CAK and Alcoa in the state finals as it will be a big Knoxville championship game once again.

I am not trying to boost anyone up in any way so dont take it that way but i think every team has a fair shot due to good draws for the most part.. any team can beat anyone so for anyone to count all the non-usual state qualifying teams, i think is showing a lack of respect. Teams such as station camp and many others have had tough schedules and deserve some respect. To recall Station Camp was 2-1 at half time with power house HHS and then had two pk"s called against them in the last ten minutes of play.. yea still dont understand that one ha but i think we could see a variety of teams being able to contend for a state title this year but with that said the cak's and ccs's do have experience. so where can one bring a fair or legitimate reasoning to the table? i say the field will only determine. Good luck to all teams im looking forward to some great match-ups.

Nothing wrong with personal observations.

Super stars are great! They score some big goals and win some big games. I am sure not arguing that point. But sometimes, not having a superstar can actually boost your other members of the team in realizing they need to bring up their individual games. I am excited this year because instead of one player with 30 goals, I have 5 players with 10 or more goals.

Point well taken. Soccer is the ultimate team game isn't it?

Good Luck this week to all the teams going to the State Tournament.

A-AA field. Someone mentioned that there are "non-usual" teams at the state. Well, besides from Alcoa and Madison the rest have been frequent teams in Murfreesboro.

HF was in the final 2 years agoa and was there in 04.

CPA played 2 of the last 3 years with CAK. Losing once in penalties and the other time 1-0

USJ is a standard at Murfreesboro

CCS has won it before I believe and was in the semis in 07

CAK is anything but a "non-usual" team.

Station Camp was in the tourney just last year.

Now 2008 (Goodpasture, Heritage, S.C.) was a tad more non-usual. Especially Goodpasture which has often been a losing team except for 2008.

I think the field is one of the best as there are several teams who have had success but have not played each other. Nor have they played teams from other parts of the state. The only team that has played more than 1 team in the field is Hume-Fogg (CPA and Station C).

Should be lots of fun. I will be there complaining all the way about the parking and admission costs.