Chattanooga area top 10

Indian

Raider":33hox9ry]

Definitely agree that it is a surprise to see all of the Chattanooga AAA softball teams are staying home this year. That never happens!

I wouldn't say the tank is empty, it might just be a one-year glitch. Siegel and Riverdale had good teams this year and earned the trips. Next year Soddy-Daisy will be right up there again with the pitching coming back and you know the early exit will be stressed until and during next year. I know Ooltewah loses some good seniors, what will be interesting to watch in the next couple of years is how the brand new high school down the road affects their athletics. Walker Valley has shown they can compete, they, Cleveland, Rhea, McMinn County, Bradley will be in a district with Soddy-Daisy and Ooltewah next year. Red Bank and Chattanooga Central move down to Class AA with Hixson, East Ridge, Howard, etc.

The smaller classes will be changed too, Boyd-Buchanan and Marion move down to Class A though in different districts. Grace will still have to be the favorite in the area.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say the tank is empty, it might just be a one-year glitch. Siegel and Riverdale had good teams this year and earned the trips. Next year Soddy-Daisy will be right up there again with the pitching coming back and you know the early exit will be stressed until and during next year. I know Ooltewah loses some good seniors, what will be interesting to watch in the next couple of years is how the brand new high school down the road affects their athletics. Walker Valley has shown they can compete, they, Cleveland, Rhea, McMinn County, Bradley will be in a district with Soddy-Daisy and Ooltewah next year. Red Bank and Chattanooga Central move down to Class AA with Hixson, East Ridge, Howard, etc.

The smaller classes will be changed too, Boyd-Buchanan and Marion move down to Class A though in different districts. Grace will still have to be the favorite in the area.

Soddy will be back with a vengenance next spring. East Hamilton will be an interesting case. Lots of travel ball players in the zoned area and there are rumors of lots of kids leaving the area private schools for the new school because of the economy and dollars. The Hurricanes will start off young but could become very good very quickly...

I'm pretty sure any transferring from a private school would have to sit out a year unless a hardship waiver was approved. If it can be proven finances were the clear reason for enrolling at EH and leaving a Baylor, Grace, etc, then it probably should be. I don't know the circumstances but Grace had a good player transfer this year to CSAS and took the court right away.