Northeast Tenn incoming Freshmen

area1guy

Who are the rising freshmen to watch in Northeast Tenn area? The kids from Science Hill's eighth grade team got alot of press winning the East Sectional Championship, but are their any other kids to be on the lookout. I am especially interested in the new conference alignment which includes some of the smaller schools besides DB, Science Hill and Tennessee High...

• 2 weeks later...

Who are the rising freshmen to watch in Northeast Tenn area? The kids from Science Hill's eighth grade team got alot of press winning the East Sectional Championship, but are their any other kids to be on the lookout. I am especially interested in the new conference alignment which includes some of the smaller schools besides DB, Science Hill and Tennessee High...

I can't believe nobody had an opinion on this.

I can't believe nobody had an opinion on this.

SH will probably have several sophmores and freshmen getting a lot of playing time this fall! Two freshman and two sophmores will probably start. There was a lot of press about the freshman team last year, but the previous freshman team (this year's sophmores) was just as impressive.

SH only has 2 returning seniors. One will start at point guard; the other will probably be 2nd team. There is handfull of juniors, mostly on the second and third squads. SH will be competitive early, but should come on strong at the end as the freshmen and sophmores become seasoned.

North should get the Arnold kid as a 9th grader, but I don't know if he will get any varisty time. He is a great player (and a great shot), but not very physical. I heard that Jake Weaver (Holtson standout) is transferring to South instead of going to Central, and he is concentrating on football first, then basketball.

Mary Hughes had a big kid, atleast 6-2 or 6-3, but I don't remember his name. Someone from Elizabethton said they saw him play at the sports complex against a team from Atlanta and put on a clinic. Does anyone know who this kid is? I am assuming he will go to East?

North should get the Arnold kid as a 9th grader, but I don't know if he will get any varisty time. He is a great player (and a great shot), but not very physical. I heard that Jake Weaver (Holtson standout) is transferring to South instead of going to Central, and he is concentrating on football first, then basketball.

Mary Hughes had a big kid, atleast 6-2 or 6-3, but I don't remember his name. Someone from Elizabethton said they saw him play at the sports complex against a team from Atlanta and put on a clinic. Does anyone know who this kid is? I am assuming he will go to East?

Matt Profitt will go to East. Plays well with his back to the basket and also rolls and scores with an assortment of scoop shots with either hand. He will be an excellent player for East and should dominate with East moving down in classification.

Elizabethton's freshmen should be very talented with depth at all positions and 3 very good post players . I would rank them and Dobyns-Bennett as distant 2nds behind Science Hill in quality of freshmen groups.

I've seen both rising sophomore and freshmen Science Hill classes play on numerous occasions and the sophomore class is very good, but I would disagree with Gabby on how good. In my opinion the freshmen class is better head to head. What a great problem for the Toppers!