Preseason All-State

Good list.....and good info!

Having seen Luke Roman at CPA, he will be a contender for QB in 3A if he puts up the numbers. He is certainly capable. The kid has a strong arm and is extremely accurate.

Lewis Co lost their two runningback studs (Jake Tenison and Cashion) last year so don't know what they have coming back.........but they always boast a stout running game so we will see who emerges.

Perry Horkins of Harpeth should have a 1,000 plus yard season at Receiver. He and QB Roark are getting in some extra work this week at the Manning Passing Academy in Louisiana. Harpeth's Offensive coordinator from a couple of years ago is back so they should be fun to watch this year.

Zach Douglas of Harpeth could be there as Tackle but he will need to have a solid year. The two Cheatham kids (White & Owen) are good picks.

Camden is supposed to be strong....ranked in pre-season top 10. Who are their studs? I haven't heard any mention of their returning players.

I failed to think of the Roman kid from CPA when making my original list. He is a solid player. Also at DB it should be mentioned that I have to add Josh Johnston from Smith Co. He is a ballhawk back there. Douglas has been playing since he first stepped foot into the building at HHS. He should have a very good year this fall.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Camden is supposed to be strong....ranked in pre-season top 10. Who are their studs? I haven't heard any mention of their returning players.

Camden returns plenty, but a couple players to watch this season for the Lions are Jordan Murphy DE and Kendrick Hudson RB. Murphy is a beast and Hudson has playstation moves. After the disappointing ending to last season, I have a very special feeling about Camden's squad this season. Bunch of big, strong(er) boys out there I'm tellin ya. Go LIONS!

I failed to think of the Roman kid from CPA when making my original list. He is a solid player. Also at DB it should be mentioned that I have to add Josh Johnston from Smith Co. He is a ballhawk back there. Douglas has been playing since he first stepped foot into the building at HHS. He should have a very good year this fall.

Johnston is another nice pick from Smith County. Smith County is expecting alot from this kid this year and next after how well he played as only a sophomore this past year. The team is going to a passing camp this weekend and will be playing Alcoa friday night and waking up Saturday morning and heading over to Maryville College to play and we will see how the 2 Johnstons perform up there.