Clarksburg West TN

oldcoachlsa

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interested in finding out about Clarksburg's baseball program. Strength, weakness, players. How will they do next year?

Line up for next year

C- 09 graduate

18 Soph. all district

2b- jr

ss-soph

3b-09 graduate

LF- Soph

CF- Soph

RF- 09 graduate

SP- 09 graduate

All classes are listed as if the 2009-10 season was now

Good young guys with several arms, young but there is promise

Won like 5 of last 8 games last season.

Several of these kids are playing travel ball this summer

Depends on who they get to coach. First time in like 12 years they advanced past the district and the coach got let go, or so I have been told.

Young team. If they retain everyone and find another couple pitchers they will do ok. Good kids, and will have a great facility after a couple more years of work. I wish them well.

Went like 9-3 in the last 12 games.

Depends on who they get to coach. First time in like 12 years they advanced past the district and the coach got let go, or so I have been told.

Young team. If they retain everyone and find another couple pitchers they will do ok. Good kids, and will have a great facility after a couple more years of work. I wish them well.

Wonder if they will try to get Shane Britt.

It sounds like they could be a really good team and had a pretty good coach. What kind of coach do they need, what would he need to do in order for them to reach their potential.

Off season work for everyone who wants to play. Pitchers especially. Of course fielding fundamentals. They now have a field to practice on for the first time in two years so there is a place for them to go. Need an outside batting cage for them to use as much as they will.

Biggest problem I saw there was not enough wanted to work in the off season to correct their game. That of course can be partly attributed to lack of students. The other part is Clarksburg is a basketball school. A coach willing to put in the time and have patience could help make them want to work in the off season. That will be the key to sustained success IMHO.

Of course it will always be an uphill battle going against Huntindon and McKenzie. I would like to see it happen though. Can't have too much good competition in a district. Makes everyone better.

It sounds like they could be a really good team and had a pretty good coach. What kind of coach do they need, what would he need to do in order for them to reach their potential.

Success breeds success. Maybe now that they tasted playing in regional tourny, they will want to do what it takes to get back there next year. I hope so...

Why does Clarksburg not have a football team? There are schools smaller than they are who have one. At the 1A level, all you need is about 30 to 35 players to play and compete.

I saw on the April 2008 school board minutes that they deleted from the agenda the idea of letting Clarksburg boys play with Hollow Rock Bruceton. Any idea what happened?

I understand they need a weight room. The baseball team would benefit tremendously is they could work out and get stronger.

Off season work for everyone who wants to play. Pitchers especially. Of course fielding fundamentals. They now have a field to practice on for the first time in two years so there is a place for them to go. Need an outside batting cage for them to use as much as they will.

Biggest problem I saw there was not enough wanted to work in the off season to correct their game. That of course can be partly attributed to lack of students. The other part is Clarksburg is a basketball school. A coach willing to put in the time and have patience could help make them want to work in the off season. That will be the key to sustained success IMHO.

Of course it will always be an uphill battle going against Huntindon and McKenzie. I would like to see it happen though. Can't have too much good competition in a district. Makes everyone better.

I hope they do see what is within reach if they work for it. Tradition is hard to break either winning or losing.

No idea about football. I know there was talk of going to play at Bruceton but don't know why that got shut down. Truthfully if the guys haven't been playing youth league or working out they would wind up getting hurt. It would take two years before I would feel good about letting guys play varsity, unless it was the rare athlete who is just "born" with the physicality it takes to play.

Need a weight room bad. Would help boys and girls basketball and baseball and softball. Would probably have to have another building to put it in. They just got a new gym and two ball fields. Will be hard to get I believe, but maybe I'm wrong.

Success breeds success. Maybe now that they tasted playing in regional tourny, they will want to do what it takes to get back there next year. I hope so...

Why does Clarksburg not have a football team? There are schools smaller than they are who have one. At the 1A level, all you need is about 30 to 35 players to play and compete.

I saw on the April 2008 school board minutes that they deleted from the agenda the idea of letting Clarksburg boys play with Hollow Rock Bruceton. Any idea what happened?

I understand they need a weight room. The baseball team would benefit tremendously is they could work out and get stronger.

Clarksburg had 27 high school boys sign up to go to Bruceton and play football. We all know that each one would not have stuck with it but if 10 had that was 10 more than Bruceton had. Pretty good size kids, Couple of kids that would have topped out at 250. Bruceton finally said they didn't want them.... fear of making their own kids have to beat out a kid from a school that isn't part of their program. Understandable BUT send me a 6'5 kid and he will play from Bruceton, Beaver, I don't care.... To be the best you play the best in the situation you have. Clarksburg has 62 boys in 9-12. to commit to a football program would be ridiculous . A beginning football program would need more money than the school has. You have to talk about practice equipment... game equipment.. sleds, dummies.. A FIELD. Right now basketball takes care of golf, baseball and softball. can't squeeze anymore out.

27 signed up...that's awesome for a school Clarksburg size. I hate that they were not allowed to play. Adults strike again and kill a good thing for the kids.

Maybe now that there are really nice baseball and softball fields, these two sports can become self sufficient. And with the gym being capable of hosting post season games, more money can be generated.

I think if the community decides that they want a football team, the money can be raised. Scotts Hill football boosters did an excellent job getting their program off the ground.

Before anything...Clarksburg needs to get a weight room...

Clarksburg had 27 high school boys sign up to go to Bruceton and play football. We all know that each one would not have stuck with it but if 10 had that was 10 more than Bruceton had. Pretty good size kids, Couple of kids that would have topped out at 250. Bruceton finally said they didn't want them.... fear of making their own kids have to beat out a kid from a school that isn't part of their program. Understandable BUT send me a 6'5 kid and he will play from Bruceton, Beaver, I don't care.... To be the best you play the best in the situation you have. Clarksburg has 62 boys in 9-12. to commit to a football program would be ridiculous . A beginning football program would need more money than the school has. You have to talk about practice equipment... game equipment.. sleds, dummies.. A FIELD. Right now basketball takes care of golf, baseball and softball. can't squeeze anymore out.