Softball Coach resigned at Ripley High School

sportfan1

I heard the softball coach at Ripley High School resigned right after they were eliminated from district play. Too bad, that school has had 3 different coaches in the past 4 years. Here's hoping they find a coach that will stay with the team for a while.

Yes, I did resign the day after we were eliminated from district play. Many factors went in to me resigning and moving to Haywood to be the Defensive Co. It had nothing to do with the softball progam parents or players, coming or going they were all great to me. I was the head middle school football coach and the DC at the high school as well as the HC for softball. I wanted to be moved to the high school to teach and do high school sports full time. We had a coaching change in football the new coach brought new coaches with him and my roll at the high school as far as football, well, there wasn't really one. And I didn't want to coach middle school football anymore and I didn't get in to coaching to be just a middle school coach, it was my understanding that it would be a short term gig when I came from Covington High School football and Softball and that was not going to be the case because of the new coaching change. And I was tired of trying to run the softball program from a different school so I had to make a personal career decision. But there are not hard feelings to the people in Ripley, I still live in Ripley and kids will go to school there but just sometimes you have to make tough decisions in life and this is one I had to make. I wish Ripley Softball the best for years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I did resign the day after we were eliminated from district play. Many factors went in to me resigning and moving to Haywood to be the Defensive Co. It had nothing to do with the softball progam parents or players, coming or going they were all great to me. I was the head middle school football coach and the DC at the high school as well as the HC for softball. I wanted to be moved to the high school to teach and do high school sports full time. We had a coaching change in football the new coach brought new coaches with him and my roll at the high school as far as football, well, there wasn't really one. And I didn't want to coach middle school football anymore and I didn't get in to coaching to be just a middle school coach, it was my understanding that it would be a short term gig when I came from Covington High School football and Softball and that was not going to be the case because of the new coaching change. And I was tired of trying to run the softball program from a different school so I had to make a personal career decision. But there are not hard feelings to the people in Ripley, I still live in Ripley and kids will go to school there but just sometimes you have to make tough decisions in life and this is one I had to make. I wish Ripley Softball the best for years to come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck Coach