All Midstate Teams - Tennessean

Welshdragon

Alex Tummins - Player of the year.

All-Midstate First team

RYAN BRISTOL

Goalkeeper | Centennial, Jr.

?Why chosen: Division I recruit used his 6-foot-7 frame to limit eight opponents to a goal or less.

NICK DESALVATORE

Forward | Brentwood, Jr.

?Why chosen: Missed eight games with injury and still had 20 goals for the Class AAA runners-up.

WILL MADDOX

Forward | Pope John Paul II, Sr.

?Why chosen: Bellarmine signee registered 28 goals and nine assists to lead DII-AA semifinalists.

JONAH POWERS-MYSZKA

Forward | Father Ryan, Sr.

?Why chosen: Lambuth signee led Ryan to the DII-AA final and was the focus of every opponent.

PATRICK COMPTON

Midfielder | Riverdale, Sr.

?Why chosen: Army commitment had 23 goals, 15 assists and led team to the Class AAA sectionals.

JORDAN JOHNSON

Midfielder | Hendersonville, Sr.

?Why chosen: Memphis signee had 20 goals and seven assists despite playing back half of the season.

ANDREW MCGUINNESS

Midfielder | Ravenwood, Sr.

?Why chosen: The District 11-AAA player of the year had 18 goals for a Class AAA sectional team.

HOUSTON OLDHAM

Midfielder | MBA, Sr.

?Why chosen: Richmond signee had 20 goals and six assists to pace the DII region semifinalists.

TAYLOR HARRISON

Defender | Pope John Paul II, Sr.

?Why chosen: Millsaps commitment had 10 assists from the back line and helped JPII log seven shutouts.

PATRICK KELLY

Defender | Hendersonville, Sr.

?Why chosen: Memphis signee made his midseason move from midfielder to defender look easy.

SECOND TEAM

G Evan Hare, Sr., Middle TN Fire

F Zach Caracciolo, Jr., Clarksville

F Tyler Davis, Sr., White House-Heritage

F Ryan Zeeck, Jr., Blackman

M Jacob Exum, Sr., Station Camp

M Will Linder, So., Ravenwood

M John Rohling, Jr., Father Ryan

M Jesus Vasquez, Sr., Gallatin

D Taylor Crawley, Sr., Pope John Paul II

D Nick Dykes, Jr., Independence

D Matthew Forster, Sr., Father Ryan

THIRD TEAM

G Hunter Allen, Sr., Hume-Fogg

F Ali Guerra, Jr., La Vergne

F Tyler Marshall, Jr., Clarksville Acad.

F Will Redmond, Sr., CPA

M Carson Bone, Sr., Columbia

M Michael Dodson, Sr., Centennial

M Michael Giordano, Sr., Brentwood

M Eliot Goldfarb, Jr., USN

D Omar Djabi, So., Franklin

D Max Jarrell, Sr., MBA

D Jim McKay, Sr., Brentwood

And leave the best defender, Michael Arnold from Father Ryan, off the squad? Of the 16 wins, Father Ryan recorded 15 shutouts. Arnold kicked the game winning penalty kick in the semi's to advance FRHS to the finals against Christian Brothers. He was the primary reason that the stout Irish defense, always strong, kept most of their opponents from pushing the ball in...they were forced to shoot from outside.

Too bad he wasn't recognized for what he did for the DII-AA runner ups.

seriously i totally agree. Alot of players were snubbed. I agree Dodson should be on 2nd team and Mike should atleast have made 3rd squad. Another point I have is that players from small divisions just have good stats because they are in a weak division.Alot of players from those minor divisions dont deserved to be commended on the same level as the hendersonville,brentwood,ryan,pope,centennial,ravenwood, and many other top schools. Some players from small divisions do deserve it though.

seriously i totally agree. Alot of players were snubbed. I agree Dodson should be on 2nd team and Mike should atleast have made 3rd squad. Another point I have is that players from small divisions just have good stats because they are in a weak division.Alot of players from those minor divisions dont deserved to be commended on the same level as the hendersonville,brentwood,ryan,pope,centennial,ravenwood, and many other top schools. Some players from small divisions do deserve it though.

Well there are only 5 out of 33 that are in the A-AA classification, none in the first team. I really don't think that A-AA should get any less representation.

michael arnold is definitely a shock to not be on there. i couldnt believe that one either.

i was also shocked that both Jackson Ryden and Graham Williams for BGA were completely left off, as well. they might not have been on a team like Ryan or Christian Brothers but they were definitely worthy of being at least on the second team.

i was pretty surprised those 3 were completely left off the list.

i am not that suprised its not like BGA did anything, if your gonna make the team, you need to do something to help your team win.

i have no dog in the fight seeing as i dont play for BGA. but i want to point something out to disprove your point. Houston Oldham and Max Jarrell both made the list. MBA didn't make it past regionals. this is not taking a shot at MBA, by the way. both Houston and Max deserve to be on the list, no doubt. they didnt get penalized for being on a team that didnt advance past regionals. Jackson and Graham both advanced with BGA.

whether you think BGA deserved to be in state quarters or not, they got there. thats a fact. those 2 had a large role in helping BGA get there. anyone who doubts their talent hasn't seen them play.