District 9-A

Eagles13

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been many contraversial events surrounding the forrest baseball team and coaches, 10 players have quit/kicked off this season, which signifies that something is up, regardless of what happened so far this season the kids/coaches need to forget it and go out and win baseball games. Good luck against cascade next week. Try not to get jumped :/

If he was college material he would be playing somewhere in the summer and not working, regardless of his situation. I know him he chose to work and not plat, not very serious. The problem with Forrest baseball is there has not been many good players since Minor left, and that team was loaded. To many outside distractions like parents, kids that quit for one reason or another, injuries, etc. you name it. Maybe they should listen to the coaches in the dugouts and not in the stands or hallways.

If what rocket7 said is true about the 10 players that quit or have been kicked off it seems that something is wrong in the coaches office. I have been around ball for awhile and I have never heard of ten players leaving one team. For the kid that chose not to play summer ball that chose to work maybe he was trying to help his parents with the money issues, for them to take a sport away from him over something you can not kick a kid off for is not very good coaching and a terribal roll-model.

If he was college material he would be playing somewhere in the summer and not working, regardless of his situation. I know him he chose to work and not plat, not very serious. The problem with Forrest baseball is there has not been many good players since Minor left, and that team was loaded. To many outside distractions like parents, kids that quit for one reason or another, injuries, etc. you name it. Maybe they should listen to the coaches in the dugouts and not in the stands or hallways.

Forrest's baseball coaches are good coaches and no one should "dog" them, all the coaches have deep backgrounds in baseball and know the game very well, when I said "something is up" I wasn't referring to the coaches, more than likely the kids/parents have an issue. However I disagree with fact that there hasn't been many good baseball players since minor left because there has been many collegiate athletes after the 06 team (minors year). That team just many GREAT players clustered together, minor of course is a phenomenal pitcher along with ben skelley who threw high eighties as a number two, along with six out of seven seniors who got scholarships to play baseball, yes they were loaded and yes they overshadow the recent teams but I disagree with your statement saying that forrest has not had good ball players.

I know him too and you are giving him a bad rap. I think kicking a kid off of the team because he didn't play summer ball is ignorant. He also is on the basketball team and went to as much of summer camp as he could. The basketball coach didn't kick him off. Baseball coaches could have worked with him as well.

Just curious, how many college baseball players have come out of Forrest since the 06 team? I can only think of one playing baseball in college. And I'm not trying to give the kid a bad rap that was dismissed, the question was asked and I gave MY answer. Sorry he is not college baseball material, but that is my opinion. Best thing to do is support your team and not be a distraction. I'm sure the kids on the team don't care to much if they quit, it just gives the rest of them more of a chance to play. And I bet none of those kids that quit were very good to begin with anyways. You play cause you love it regardless who the coaches are.

When is Chapel Hill gonna learn- When you get to highschool you better know about baseball cause you aint gonna get it from the coaches. There is absolutely no enthusiasm from these men. As far as the comment about no talent being @ Forrest since Minor-how untrue!!! He is very talented but if not for his parents he would not have been at Vandy- this coaching staff hasnt helped anyone get a baseball scholarship.

Just curious, how many college baseball players have come out of Forrest since the 06 team? I can only think of one playing baseball in college. And I'm not trying to give the kid a bad rap that was dismissed, the question was asked and I gave MY answer. Sorry he is not college baseball material, but that is my opinion. Best thing to do is support your team and not be a distraction. I'm sure the kids on the team don't care to much if they quit, it just gives the rest of them more of a chance to play. And I bet none of those kids that quit were very good to begin with anyways. You play cause you love it regardless who the coaches are.

Micah Phifer got a scholarship to play at martin methodist in 08, seth brothers got a scholarship to play at motlow state in 09, colin henson would've gotten one had it not been for the fact of being a great football player which he now plays for carson-newman for football.

When is Chapel Hill gonna learn- When you get to highschool you better know about baseball cause you aint gonna get it from the coaches. There is absolutely no enthusiasm from these men. As far as the comment about no talent being @ Forrest since Minor-how untrue!!! He is very talented but if not for his parents he would not have been at Vandy- this coaching staff hasnt helped anyone get a baseball scholarship.

The forrest coaches do have enthusiasm, forrest is now down to their "core" ball players, they are playing good baseball and need support, as for the catcher position....it has been filled for now, the best thing for the team is for everyone to forget what happened and worry about winning baseball games and hopefully have district tourney at home this year.