Rocky Top Classic

Volley2

2nd annual Rocky Top Classic, hosted by Karns High School, Knoxville.

A few slots still available

For more information, contact Coach Kynette Williams, 865-548-7226, mhp07@bellsouth.net.

Coach, do you have your schedule on your website yet? You may not have had time. I've lookedfor it the last few days to see if the tourney was going to be held. I'll also put this on the tournament list. If you have a few schools participating, post two or three. thanks

Coach, do you have your schedule on your website yet? You may not have had time. I've lookedfor it the last few days to see if the tourney was going to be held. I'll also put this on the tournament list. If you have a few schools participating, post two or three. thanks

Having some technical difficulties, but will shoot you the schedule via email.

Karns Volleyball Web site hasn't been updated yet, but can still be found at www.karnsvolleyball.net

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is the schedule for this coming weekend's Rocky Top Classic

Friday, Sept. 25

4:00 Karns vs. Clinton

5:00 Morristown East vs. Columbia Central; Sullivan East vs. Clinton

6:00 Karns vs. Morristown East; Madison County (Alabama) vs. Sullivan East

7:00 Karns vs. Columbia Central; Clinton vs. Madison County

8:00 Morristown East vs. Sullivan East; Columbia Central vs. Madison

Saturday, Sept. 26

9:00 a.m. Sullivan East vs. Columbia Central; Stone Memorial vs. Madison County

10:00 a.m. Stone Memorial vs. Karns; Morristown East vs. Clinton

11:00 a.m. Stone Memorial vs. Morristown East; Clinton vs. Columbia Central

12 noon Karns vs. Madison County; Stone Memorial vs. Sullivan East

2:00 p.m. Karns vs. Sullivan East; Stone Memorial vs. Clinton

3:00 p.m. Stone Memorial vs. Columbia Central; Madison County vs. Morristown East

This tournament also includes a 10-team Middle School Tournament that will be running at the same time -- so lots and lots of volleyball.

KARNS WINS ROCKY TOP CLASSIC

Morristown East withdrew from the tourney on Friday morning, so the schedule had to be shuffled at the last minute.

Karns went undefeated for the weekend -- beating Sullivan East (2-0), Clinton (2-0), Stone Memorial (2-0), Columbia Central (2-0), and Madison County (2-1) from Alabama.

In the finals, Karns beat Madison County 2-0.

Madison placed three players on the All Tournament Team -- sisters Hannah and Collin Nichols; and Dena Pierce.

All tournament for Karns was Courtney Smith (Libero); and Ashley Ferris (Middle). MVP for the Tourney was Kelsey Handel, Karns Middle.

Announcements