Team Tennessee The Elite Players 8-18Gold Tryouts

Tennessee coming together to form Class "A" 8 under thru 18Gold A.S.A tournament teams.Several of Tennessee Travel teams coming together to form the most premier teams with the support of East Tennessee College Coaches.The Camp and Tryouts will be AUG.15 at Powell-Levi park in Knoxville Tennessee starting at 9am.Over 40 College Coaches have been invited and the list keeps growing.Check the web site at http://www.thefastacademy.net/campinfo

Leonard Sams 865-389-2245 Knoxthunder05@aol.com

Darrell Williams 865-335-1649

Brandon Carr 865-982-8481

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leonard Sams strikes again. You can believe about 15% of all this.

I am sorry that is what you think but this is 100% what is taking place. There are several people to call and confirm the information,check the web site.This is open to every player and coach that would like to be there.Its time to bring everyone together and stop the negativity, that has been the problem.You can call me anytime at 865-389-2245 to discuss or anyone on the web site.

I dont get people like this. Always trying to tear down what we need to have happen for their own agenda.I have checked this out and its the REAL DEAL for players to take advantage of.I will make sure my daughter will take this great opprotunity to be at the camp and try-outs and you need to also.I am going to give my daughter the best chance to play with the best. This is the biggest thing to happen in Tennessee softball in a very long time.

Anyone that tries to downplay what Leonard ,Darrell,Brandon,Jamie just to name a few people involved is not smart.They along with other travel coaches,and the support of the college coaches are doing what needs to happen.This is LONG overdue!!!! If you dont support this you need to get out of softball. We had a decision to make about which try-out we were going to but after finding out the information we needed to know it was a very easy decision. "Team Tennessee" is where we will be at and will give it our best shot.

my statement is only for Leonard and many years of misrepresentations and deceipts. This may or may not be a good idea but I assure you that it is not a collective effort of the better programs in the area. It is a shame because by all accounts he is a decent coach, he just has a hard time telling the truth and following up on promises. As Thunder in the past, and as Team Tennessee in the future, this team will not be the only or better place for your daughters to play. There are , as always has been, a few other quality programs in the area that have extensive college connections and no connection with Leonard. I'm done now, it just needed to be said.

my statement is only for Leonard and many years of misrepresentations and deceipts. This may or may not be a good idea but I assure you that it is not a collective effort of the better programs in the area. It is a shame because by all accounts he is a decent coach, he just has a hard time telling the truth and following up on promises. As Thunder in the past, and as Team Tennessee in the future, this team will not be the only or better place for your daughters to play. There are , as always has been, a few other quality programs in the area that have extensive college connections and no connection with Leonard. I'm done now, it just needed to be said.

It is not a good idea to respond to post like this but I cant let this one go.I have know Leonard for a very long time and have never known him to misrepresent, lie or be deceitful about anything including softball. He has always talked very positive about other players and organizations in the area. I know because my daughter is in one of the other organization and he has helped my daughter get a scholarship in softball and she has never played for Leonard. Im sure with the people involve that they not just Leonard will make a great effort in putting this together. From what I know,this will be the organization that you will want your daughters to play for. One last thing,Leonard is not a decent coach,he is the best in the area.

Why MAKE kids go threw the camp and pay 60.00 dollars before they can tryout ? IS the camp so good that it will help them make a GOLD team ? Sounds to me the bottom line is $$$$$ . :lol:
Great Question MrPotshaws: We start evaluating the players at the camp along with the instructors and other coaches on skills levels ect... Then at the try-outs players are put in game situations so they can be evaluated there also.We dont make decisions on a 45 min try-out on making Team Tennessee. As far as the cost,its expensive to run a camp like this one.Many players pay double this to attend the same type camps.I hope this answered your questions if not please call me at 865-389-2245

Tennessee coming together to form Class "A" 8 under thru 18Gold A.S.A tournament teams.Several of Tennessee Travel teams coming together to form the most premier teams with the support of East Tennessee College Coaches.The Camp and Tryouts will be AUG.15 at Powell-Levi park in Knoxville Tennessee starting at 9am.Over 40 College Coaches have been invited and the list keeps growing.Check the web site at http://www.thefastacademy.net/campinfo

Sounds like Team Tennessee is coming together Strong.Wish Leonard would put a 23 under Team Tennessee together for the area College players.My daughter just missed out on 18 under. Good Luck

Sounds like Team Tennessee is coming together Strong.Wish Leonard would put a 23 under Team Tennessee together for the area College players.My daughter just missed out on 18 under. Good Luck

We are talking about putting a 23 under ASA team together this fall. I will post that information in September so please keep checking back and thanks for the great comments.

I am so glad that finally this is coming together. The best thing to happen in a long time. It will only grow year after year and give our younger players something to look forward too.See you Aug 15 at the camp. :thumb: