Tony Franklin at Wilson Central

TheSpoon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I live in the Glade and I always hear the glade parents whinning about little Johnny. Yes, I coach in the county and I know several of the coaches in the county (even the glade). Wilson Central has had a few decent years; offense was good under Elrod (wing-t) a couple of years, defense was even better under those same years under Dedman. Dedman has been there longer than any other coach there. Give him a chance is all I'm saying! If he calls Elrod, fine. If not, move on. We'll see in a few years what kind of team has come from this hire. But, I'm sure the Glade parents will always whine regardless. They have always did that from day 1. That will never change.

The question I have is will Coach Dedman bring back the great and powerful Oz aka Wes Elrod. I hear he is available since he no longer coaches at Hunters Lane?

I also heard that he (Elrod) was offered the head job at WCHS but turned it down?

:rolleyes:

Where did you hear that from? I saw the list of all coaches that applied and were considered, and Coach Elrod was not on that list. I also did not know he was not going back to Hunters Lane. My sources are letting me down and I do not believe that HC offer.........but if it was true; I know several parentsand players that would have liked that!!

Dedman will do a fine job!

go glade kitties

The question I have is will Coach Dedman bring back the great and powerful Oz aka Wes Elrod. I hear he is available since he no longer coaches at Hunters Lane?

I also heard that he (Elrod) was offered the head job at WCHS but turned it down?

:D

Where did you hear that from? I saw the list of all coaches that applied and were considered, and Coach Elrod was not on that list. I also did not know he was not going back to Hunters Lane. My sources are letting me down and I do not believe that HC offer.........but if it was true; I know several parentsand players that would have liked that!!

go glade kitties

I'm sure Dedman will do a great job, the information I heard was that Elrod was offered the job, not that he applied for it so take it for what its worth. In all seriousness I doubt Elrod will return to WC but the fact remains that with him the kitties as you call them were more successful than they have been in his absence! Just look at the records. If Dedman is going to be successful he is going to have to get his players on board with the program and I hear a lot of kids that quit or did not play last year have chosen to return under his leadership. I wish the cats the best next season.

:thumb:

go glade kitties

:lol: glademom with your wisdom i thought you would have had the inside scoop on this you are letting us down how did you get to see the list of everyone that applied were you in on the interviews fb1976 was right from what i have heard Elrod was offered the job he did not apply phone call was made to him things get wild at central

:thumb:

go glade kitties

:lol: glademom with your wisdom i thought you would have had the inside scoop on this you are letting us down how did you get to see the list of everyone that applied were you in on the interviews fb1976 was right from what i have heard Elrod was offered the job he did not apply phone call was made to him things get wild at central

Well I did a little more checking, and you are correct, and no I did not set in on the interviews. I am so behind on news; I did not even know that the principal Mayfield had left!

go kitties