Oakland vs. MJ Scrimmage. How did it go?

Widetackle

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am hoping to get back in time from vacation to attend the WC scrimmage tomorrow. Most folk know that I have been a wildcat fan and enjoyed watching them go from rags to riches in the last few yrs. I am intrigued about this new Tony Franklin offense and wish to see if they have the right personnel to run this system. They were so successful the last couple of seasons with their wingt and Coach Elrod's playcalling. Time to see if Coach Aric knows what he is doing over that way. We all know the key to this will be in the O line play. I know our secondary will be up for this challenge.

glademom , do yall still have the great defensive coordinator, or did he finally get a head job somewhere?

Patriotmama, thanks for the update on Coach Nick. I was very saddened when I heard the news last week. His family has my prayers and my admiration for their toughness and strength. Please keep me posted.

I am hoping to get back in time from vacation to attend the WC scrimmage tomorrow. Most folk know that I have been a wildcat fan and enjoyed watching them go from rags to riches in the last few yrs. I am intrigued about this new Tony Franklin offense and wish to see if they have the right personnel to run this system. They were so successful the last couple of seasons with their wingt and Coach Elrod's playcalling. Time to see if Coach Aric knows what he is doing over that way. We all know the key to this will be in the O line play. I know our secondary will be up for this challenge.

glademom , do yall still have the great defensive coordinator, or did he finally get a head job somewhere?

Patriotmama, thanks for the update on Coach Nick. I was very saddened when I heard the news last week. His family has my prayers and my admiration for their toughness and strength. Please keep me posted.

Coach Dedman, the DC is still there! (for now :D ) He is the best coach on the staff. The players really respect him.

I am hoping the best for WC

Guys, i was there. Mt. Juliet never got inside oakland's 35. Oaklands turnovers kept them from running Mt. juliet out of the stadium. Mt. juliet kept trying to pass, but their recievers dropped a whole bunch of passes. Mt juliet really didn't run much wing-T. Mcadoo was unblockable. oakland needs to improve QB play, two of their turnovers were int with no oakland players in sight. Except for the score, dominate performance by oakland.

Guys, I was there, too. Fred, you must have went to the restroom a couple of times. MJ had a botched fg attempted with the ball inside the 35 and two more drives where they dropped passes inside the 20 (they were inside the 35 three times). I agree that MJ was not in the wing-t a lot (they had double wing...just throwing out of it), probably b/ce of the fb being hurt, I think. McAdoo was as advertised, and Oakland's secondary is better. MJ's defense needs to improve between the 30s, but they did create those turnovers (qb was under big pressure on the the 2 picks). Also, remember Oakland's only score came on 4th and goal from the 2 after MJ fumbled on their own 15). Your last statement is flawed. Oakland is as good as advertised, but MJ is closing the gap.