Renee Miller Preseason High School Wrestling Tourney

sexynasinglet

Coaches,

We are about a month out and if you plan on attending this tourney please drop us a e mail so we can get a early head count of how many wrestlers you will be bringing. I am considering using Track wrestling for this and hope to get an idea from you guys so I can project the cost and benefits of using Track wrestling.

Coach Chig Martin

Red Bank High School

RBHSwrestling@ hotmail.com

423-314-7992

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Red Bank

Soddy

Ooltewah

Boyd Buc

Central

Lookout Valley

Silverdale

Bradley

Clevland

Greenback

Notre Dame

Signal Mt

Baylor

Mcallie

plus Jamie Miller is getting Sev NE Tn teams

Ga. Schools

Ringgold

Murray Co

Dade County

Lafayette

Alexander Ga

Ala

Scotsboro

Fort Payne

plus more to come

Hope that Helps

There will be at least 50-70 dif state qualifiers if not more...

Add Blackman as sending some kids for the tourney and don't forget that there Preseason Tourney is Nov 7th !!!!

Red Bank

Soddy

Ooltewah

Boyd Buc

Central

Lookout Valley

Silverdale

Bradley

Cleveland

Greenback

Notre Dame

Signal Mt

Baylor

Mcallie

plus Jamie Miller is getting Sev NE Tn teams

Ga. Schools

Ringgold

Murray Co

Dade County

Lafayette

Alexander Ga

Ala

Scotsboro

Fort Payne

plus more to come

Hope that Helps

There will be at least 50-70 dif state qualifiers wrestling if not more...

Please tell more about Renee Miller

Renee Miller was a mother to 9 children, 7 of them boys. Her oldest two boys are fairly well known in the Tennessee wrestling comunity, Jackie and Jeremy Miller. Many of the younger ones are planning on wrestling as well. Renee was one of the ultimate wrestling moms. While dad worked out of state she often took the boys to tournaments and numerous practices. Prior to attending Greenback, the boys were home schooled. Renee would approach various schoool and club coaches throughout east Tennessee in order to get the boys mat time and instruction. She loved the sport and what it did for her children. Once the kids were enrolled in Greenback she became the strongest booster. Renee handled the money in our house and almost single handedly funded the Greenback wrestling program for several years, often with money we did not have. She viewed money spent on wrestling as an investment and was convinced it would pay pig dividends for her kids. I believe time will prove her correct. This year it was Renee's intention to coach the kids wrestling club at Greenback. A natural athlete Renee had a strong background in gymnastics and dance. She figured she could break down moves into small steps and teach the kids even though she never actually wrestled. If nothing else she used to joke, at least the kids will be able to do decent cartwheels and handsprings during warm ups plus she could guarantee they would have fun. Sadly Renee never got the chance to put her love of children and the sport of wrestling together and try her hand at coaching. She was murdered last March, shortly after the state wrestling tournament.

My family has been and continues to be grateful for the support shown throughout the wrestling comunity as we struggle to learn how to live without Renee. Wrestling was such a big part of our lives it was an easy decision to agree when Chig and Ben asked to use her name with their tournament this year. I am grateful to them both for wanting to remember my beautiful Renee and promote the great sport of wrestling. Some of my last and best days with Renee in this life were spent at last year's state tournament so going back to Chattanooga for this pre season tournament seems fitting.

Thanks to all who are planning on attending. The Red Bank staff is working very hard on building their program against some tough odds. They could really use the support.

My sisters maintain a website, not only to remember Renee but to give those interested in the murder case and keeping up with my family a source for information.

the address is : reneeroissiermiller.com

jamie miller