Beardon V.S West

Rebelfan06

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Bearden the #1 rival for Knox West? I'm guessing as an out-of-towner it has something to do with proximity of the schools? It just strikes me as odd to generate a thread topic so early for a game that is not until week 9. I guess it would make sense since Alcoa-Maryville fans go at it year round . Here in Kingsport ,Sullivan South and Dobyns-Bennett is similar as well.

Is anyone in Knoxville giving Sullivan South a chance or do West fans expect a push-over opener?

Is Bearden the #1 rival for Knox West? I'm guessing as an out-of-towner it has something to do with proximity of the schools? It just strikes me as odd to generate a thread topic so early for a game that is not until week 9. I guess it would make sense since Alcoa-Maryville fans go at it year round . Here in Kingsport ,Sullivan South and Dobyns-Bennett is similar as well.

Is anyone in Knoxville giving Sullivan South a chance or do West fans expect a push-over opener?

Its not that were considering south a pushover its jus a couple of things that tie into it. for 1 there is some bad blood between west and beardon because they compete for alot of atheletes. 2nd there a good rivalry and all rivalries as you no are fun. and third the players on each team go at it all the time back and forth argueing. We veiw south as a threat but not as big of a threat. we expect west to win it early then run out the clock.

if you recal that last year devrin was contained for the entire game agaisnt west. he had one big play but other than that he was shut down. nad wests defense this year is much stronger faster bigger, and over all a much better defense

that long run was the difference in the game.....that is my point....West will not be able to contain him the entire game....regardless of how much better they have gotten...he is better than last year too...you "contained" him last year and he still had 120-130 yards rushing....West problem isnt defense...its offense......that will be the achillies heel all season...the defense can play with anyone on most Friday nights...

that long run was the difference in the game.....that is my point....West will not be able to contain him the entire game....regardless of how much better they have gotten...he is better than last year too...you "contained" him last year and he still had 120-130 yards rushing....West problem isnt defense...its offense......that will be the achillies heel all season...the defense can play with anyone on most Friday nights...

West's offense is just fine.......much better than last year. Just gotta make the plays when the opportunity presents itself.

last year bearden played west early in the season, and as everyone could tell they became much better towards the end of the season they really came together and showed there true ability. And this year bearden doesnt have the oppertunity like they did last year to catch them before they get hot this year they be fully steamin by the time of the bearden west game and they will be clicking on all cylinders and really flexing there muscles