McMinn County VS McCallie

cherokeefan

Thanks BigOwl! Mr. Rush is one heck of gentleman and is doing ok. I have dispensed BlueMom hug and am baking cookies tonight! I hope his rehab goes well and look forward to seeing him return to action.

Starting to plan the tailgate for Friday if the weather holds off. Thinking might take advantage of the new Buddy's BBQ near the school for some vittles and will have the flag flying. Will also debut my new hat for the season!

Also looking forward to the "re-load" and our second senior season game!

Go Blue!!!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for a prediction... Appears to be drizzling this morning but that won't dampen the Blue Tornado. They will execute their assignments and gain positive yardage on first down. The defense will adjust and hang tough and special teams will get the job done again. I believe the Blue by 2 TD led by a good running game.

The sky water will also not dampen BlueMom's enthusiasm. The tailgate will proceed, the EZ-UP is ready and our local eatery for pickup has been determined! Time to put the bells on and the flags up!!!

Go Big Blue!

Where do we begin? The weather held out for us, thats the only good thing for this Friday night. McCallie came out with the win, but they didn't beat McMinn. McMinn beat themselves. Penalties, silly coaching, an inexperienced kicking game and the defense giving up too many big plays all contributed to this so called ballgame. As someone previously mentioned getting the ball in the "playmakers" hands would win this game, it did not. Smith started out as a 1 man ball team. He did great but lost it during the 4th quarter, McDermott only came alive in the 4th quarter, Henry, whose that? Did he even touch the ball? And then theres McBee, he got burned more than once and failed to deliver on offense. Ah...Mr Ables, he's the only running back we've got and without him we would probably be in negative yardage. Of the 67 rushing yards McMinn got, Ables accounted for 66 of them. I'm not sure where we go from here. There has to be lots of improvement for this Tribe team or we will be in for a loooooong season. We did have a few good plays...just not very many.

Where do we begin? The weather held out for us, thats the only good thing for this Friday night. McCallie came out with the win, but they didn't beat McMinn. McMinn beat themselves. Penalties, silly coaching, an inexperienced kicking game and the defense giving up too many big plays all contributed to this so called ballgame. As someone previously mentioned getting the ball in the "playmakers" hands would win this game, it did not. Smith started out as a 1 man ball team. He did great but lost it during the 4th quarter, McDermott only came alive in the 4th quarter, Henry, whose that? Did he even touch the ball? And then theres McBee, he got burned more than once and failed to deliver on offense. Ah...Mr Ables, he's the only running back we've got and without him we would probably be in negative yardage. Of the 67 rushing yards McMinn got, Ables accounted for 66 of them. I'm not sure where we go from here. There has to be lots of improvement for this Tribe team or we will be in for a loooooong season. We did have a few good plays...just not very many.

i will agree with the silly coaching but inexperienced kicking, although i think he is only a soph, the kid had a snap that went thirty yards over his head. bo needs to focus on special teams if he wants to have even the slightest chance against maryville, iv heard they have some real threats on both dfense and offense

McCallie came out with the win, but they didn't beat McMinn. McMinn beat themselves. Penalties, silly coaching, an inexperienced kicking game and the defense giving up too many big plays all contributed to this so called ballgame.

Would McCallie's ability to execute a "big play" or two perhaps have contributed to the loss?

According to the box score, McCallie had penalties. They missed an extra point. They gave up a 47-yard TD pass. And I'd venture to say that a McCallie coach may have called a wrong play or wrong defensive scheme at some point in the game.

Maybe McCallie's ability to overcome these setbacks affected the outcome as well. Crazy thought, but I thought I would float it out there.

i will agree with the silly coaching but inexperienced kicking, although i think he is only a soph, the kid had a snap that went thirty yards over his head. bo needs to focus on special teams if he wants to have even the slightest chance against maryville, iv heard they have some real threats on both dfense and offense

I agree the kicker did okay with what he had to work with. "Walmart" saying the kicker is inexpericed may not be a put down, just the fact he hasn't had lots of experience in what to do should a snap be high or low, in which the poor kid had both! He will be fine, the blame is not all his!!