The Truth About Henry County

xpress15

As we saw this past Friday against Liberty, Henry County still has a lot of improving to do, but there are some serious issues that need to be addressed:

Shonte Sims cannot play the whole game on both sides of the ball. He could've seriously injured himself even worse than the minor cramp he suffered during the game. Henry County's going to lose their best player if he's playing both defense and offense every game; it somewhat happened whenever Calvin McNairl was still playing. He injured himself playing both ways, and he was never as agile as he was to start the season ever again. Shonte needs to be limited to one side of the ball, the coaches need to make up their mind as to whether to keep him in the secondary, or have him run the offense. McCadams, in my opinion, can run this offense just fine, he's as smart as Marsalis is, and he's got a good QB swagger, but Shonte needs to be taken care of if Henry County is wanting to put on another productive year.

The offensive line needs to work harder. I remember one play where the whole D-Line of Liberty sacked Shonte for a 6-yard loss. But, given that it's only the first game, I'm hesitant to criticize too much, but there's some significant points they need to work out if the O-Line wants to be as dominant as they were last year.

The receiving core did a fair job. Not too many passes were bobbled/dropped, other than the one where Shonte missed a wide open Skylar Haley in the endzone, and the interception also thrown by Sims. Najee Ray is a fast, elusive individual. We need to run more plays to him, whether it's throwing or running; the same goes for Greg Kendall, he's as fast as Ray is, and can also make tacklers miss.

The secondary could use the most work. Haley is not that good as safety. All he does is catch. He's a poor tackler, and does nothing but take cheap shots/blindside receivers running downfield. He's not quick at all, and can't keep up with the quicker receivers Henry County will see down the road. He is merely nothing more than what people around him build him up to be. Neal Capps could've saved a TD, having Liberty's runningback within arm's grasp until letting him go free.

thank you for your time.....NiNjA sTaR :unsure:

As we saw this past Friday against Liberty, Henry County still has a lot of improving to do, but there are some serious issues that need to be addressed:

Shonte Sims cannot play the whole game on both sides of the ball. He could've seriously injured himself even worse than the minor cramp he suffered during the game. Henry County's going to lose their best player if he's playing both defense and offense every game; it somewhat happened whenever Calvin McNairl was still playing. He injured himself playing both ways, and he was never as agile as he was to start the season ever again. Shonte needs to be limited to one side of the ball, the coaches need to make up their mind as to whether to keep him in the secondary, or have him run the offense. McCadams, in my opinion, can run this offense just fine, he's as smart as Marsalis is, and he's got a good QB swagger, but Shonte needs to be taken care of if Henry County is wanting to put on another productive year.

The offensive line needs to work harder. I remember one play where the whole D-Line of Liberty sacked Shonte for a 6-yard loss. But, given that it's only the first game, I'm hesitant to criticize too much, but there's some significant points they need to work out if the O-Line wants to be as dominant as they were last year.

The receiving core did a fair job. Not too many passes were bobbled/dropped, other than the one where Shonte missed a wide open Skylar Haley in the endzone, and the interception also thrown by Sims. Najee Ray is a fast, elusive individual. We need to run more plays to him, whether it's throwing or running; the same goes for Greg Kendall, he's as fast as Ray is, and can also make tacklers miss.

The secondary could use the most work. Haley is not that good as safety. All he does is catch. He's a poor tackler, and does nothing but take cheap shots/blindside receivers running downfield. He's not quick at all, and can't keep up with the quicker receivers Henry County will see down the road. He is merely nothing more than what people around him build him up to be. Neal Capps could've saved a TD, having Liberty's runningback within arm's grasp until letting him go free.

thank you for your time.....NiNjA sTaR :unsure:

I am only going to mention one name that you did and that is Shonte Sims. I coached for over 30 years in Mississippi and I can tell that it's over 30 years more than you have coached. Shonte Sims is the best player on this team, at least from this vantage point. You have no clue. In a game in which this team is behind 18-6 in the third quarter, this coaching staff, especially Coach Gaddis, should have been fired immediately upon the game's conclusion, had Sims not played as much as he did. Because without him, they lose...pure and simple. You, my friend, are a typical fan who apparently knows less than my three year old grandson about how to coach high school football. If you are correct and I am wrong, I hope they fire Gaddis immediately, and his foolish staff along with him, because they have chosen to play their BEST player as much as possible, in an effort to win a closely contested game.

Who is this child? Evidentally a hater for Haley! B) Haley has many D1's interested in him for WR and DB, and our team build s him up because he is a great player on both sides of the ball and he never comes off the field. I guess someone built him up to Murphy Fair this year as well since he and Shonte are both Pre-Season All State players! :thumb: Skylar is a great athlete and a great guy all around. Hating will get you no where but laughed at since you evidentally know nothing about our team! :thumb:

If you were at the game, you must have been getting popcorn :unsure: when haley interceptive a pass that was a huge play in the game, and he also rejected one in front of a Liberty player in the end zone, that would have been a touchdown. B) Shonte will be fine, he played both sides of the ball before. I don't actually see him playing all 4 quarters as we will not need him. Jay on the other hand is capable of playing QB at any time Shonte needs to come out for any reason. They are both good quarter backs. Najie had a great game. He will help us out alot. We will continue to improve in all areas, as we always do. Quit hating on us and if you are a fan, than be supportive. Coach Gaddis and the rest of our coaching staff is the best in the state! GO BIG RED!