Greenback @ Rockwood 2009

not1styourlast

Well, I can tell ya this... If you don't clog the middle, you guys don't stand a chance against this team. They are big and physical, but lack speed. The Templeton kid... I saw him get blew by at the OS jamboree. He's not as fast as goosevol says. Clog the middle and make them throw it and you might make it a game out of it. Still think Rockwood comes out on top.

And as far as trick plays... Greenback better have something up their sleeves, because you can bet coach Jeff Allen is prepared for whatever you have to bring.

Tempelton will be faster than 95% of the kids on the field tomorrow night.......i like those odds :bored: .....besides.....i expect a big dose of Jeff Inman in this game.....with just enough Tempelton and Deardorff to keep balance .....the defense wins the game

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I can tell ya this... If you don't clog the middle, you guys don't stand a chance against this team. They are big and physical, but lack speed. The Templeton kid... I saw him get blew by at the OS jamboree. He's not as fast as goosevol says. Clog the middle and make them throw it and you might make it a game out of it. Still think Rockwood comes out on top.

And as far as trick plays... Greenback better have something up their sleeves, because you can bet coach Jeff Allen is prepared for whatever you have to bring.

We are gonna play Greenback Football and see what happens. I think we have a good game plan. I know that they have some fast people and we have to respect their speed if we dont then we will get beat. We dont need trick plays we play our game and see where it gets us. 10 hours and we will see

Rockwood has more speed than they have in years. They can pound it up the gut wit Inman and Morgan or hit the side line wit the speed of Templeton and Beasley. They may have the 3rd stringer playin but can hit the air if needed. The line is one of the best ive seen. And the defense flys around and will hit you. It wont be a easy one but Rockwood at home will pull it out.

Rockwood has more speed than they have in years. They can pound it up the gut wit Inman and Morgan or hit the side line wit the speed of Templeton and Beasley. They may have the 3rd stringer playin but can hit the air if needed. The line is one of the best ive seen. And the defense flys around and will hit you. It wont be a easy one but Rockwood at home will pull it out.

What number is Beasley? I don't recall ever hearing his name. I agree about pounding it up the middle with Inman. He's a bruiser. I like watching him run over people. Its a 4-5 yard guarantee with that kid especially if defenses don't line up to stop the Rockwood run. It's not good coaching to put everyone in the box against Rockwood, that's just plain smart. Rockwood never throws the ball. I also agree that I don't think this will be an easy game for the tigers. I Just don't see opposing teams not adjusting to the Tiger style running offense that they have done for years. Like I said earlier... I think Greenback will make Rockwood beat them in the air. A low scorer tonight in this one.

Rockwood-28

Greenback-14

What number is Beasley? I don't recall ever hearing his name. I agree about pounding it up the middle with Inman. He's a bruiser. I like watching him run over people. Its a 4-5 yard guarantee with that kid especially if defenses don't line up to stop the Rockwood run. It's not good coaching to put everyone in the box against Rockwood, that's just plain smart. Rockwood never throws the ball. I also agree that I don't think this will be an easy game for the tigers. I Just don't see opposing teams not adjusting to the Tiger style running offense that they have done for years. Like I said earlier... I think Greenback will make Rockwood beat them in the air. A low scorer tonight in this one.

Rockwood-28

Greenback-14

well mr. blitz...you need to get up to date and learn because all you know about is really nothing, you just try to sound smart but your wrong. you need to be there and watch the game if you even know where it's at. :thumb:

Rockwood-28

Greenback-14

well mr. blitz...you need to get up to date and learn because all you know about is really nothing, you just try to sound smart but your wrong. you need to be there and watch the game if you even know where it's at. :thumb:

I am up to date. I keep up with most of the teams in Roane County. And who do you think you are getting on here and trying to call someone out. I haven't read any of your posts on here. If you have something to say...say it. Just because you do not like my opinion doesn't give you the right to say anything when you haven't given your opinion on here. So shut your mouth and read my posts. I'm still going with the tigers on this one.

POSTED BY HATER: As far as payback goes: I do believe Coach Webb has seen his share of the other end of the stick in some games with Alcoa and Loudon on the schedule the past few years.

Stop crying

Funny thing is, OS played in the same district and the above mentioned teams until this year, pretty tough schedule for anybody. Yet you still slam OS by saying this years schedule is a cupcake schedule. DO YOU KNOW that OS strength of schedule is rated as a 53, know what Rockwoods is this year, thats right a 53! Pass the cupcakes!

Your screen name says it all! :thumb:

Lets take a look at Rockwoods tough schedule:

Sweetwater- down this year and will be lucky to have a winning record

Greenback- really down this year and will be lucky to have a winning record

Kingston- down this year and will be lucky to have a winning record

Tellico Plains- here is a real powerhouse football program, and you made fun of Sunbright and Oakdale!

Grace Christian- may be the only other team Rockwood will face with a winning record

Wartburg- another powerhouse, will be lucky to have a winning record

Midway- the only other school who will have a winning record

Bledsoe County- too early to tell, but this looks like a down year for them too

Harriman- I'm not gonna knock on Harriman, but this should be an easy win for Rockwood too.

Rockwood-28

Greenback-14

Beasley is #19.......wr/db.........#17,Billings is just as fast and those 2 are most likely the fastest on the team.......I think Rockwood had 4 pass attempts at Sweetwater......I doubt they try more than that tonight.....good luck to Greenback.....just not to much :thumb:

We are gonna play Greenback Football and see what happens. I think we have a good game plan. I know that they have some fast people and we have to respect their speed if we dont then we will get beat. We dont need trick plays we play our game and see where it gets us. 10 hours and we will see

#70 You guys played hard and with class good luck for the rest of the season. What is the status on # 1 sure hope he is alright.

Lets take a look at Rockwoods tough schedule:

Sweetwater- down this year and will be lucky to have a winning record

Greenback- really down this year and will be lucky to have a winning record

Kingston- down this year and will be lucky to have a winning record

Tellico Plains- here is a real powerhouse football program, and you made fun of Sunbright and Oakdale!

Grace Christian- may be the only other team Rockwood will face with a winning record

Wartburg- another powerhouse, will be lucky to have a winning record

Midway- the only other school who will have a winning record

Bledsoe County- too early to tell, but this looks like a down year for them too

Harriman- I'm not gonna knock on Harriman, but this should be an easy win for Rockwood too.

Sure.....let's take a look at Rockwoods schedule

Sweetwater-last years game was a classic.....who could have seen how they have fallen off the face of the earth as they have......in 2006,Sweetwater beat OS 41-0........in '07 41-6......in '08 36-19.....guess which team didn't schedule Sweetwater this year

Greenback-A district game we have no choice but to play.......a strong program in 1a tho......they just happened to have graduated 17 players off of last years quarter-final team.....they will be back just for the simple fact they are Greenback

Kingston-Rockwood plays Kingston every year....up,down,or sideways.....doesn't matter......Kingston also made it to the quarter-finals in 3a last year.....guess which team didn't schedule Kingston this year

Tellico Plains-another district game.....just dropped down from 3a.........they have started out 2-1 so far this year........what's Sunbrite and Oakdale's record so far??

Grace Christian-another district game.......honestly i don't know much about them.......got blown out by Greenback in the playoffs last year....come to think of it......how many teams on OS's schedule made the playoffs last year??

Wartburg-well......we had to play somebody and apparently OS wasn't available

Midway-another district game

Bledsoe County-a down year??....how can you get much more down than they have been the last few years??.......guess we could have scheduled somebody like Grundy or Hancock county instead :thumb:

Harriman-if you go back through my post,you will see i have posted that IMO Harriman will be better than most people think and i don't see this as an easy win