BGA

franklinsportsfan

As Coach Stallings says about point guards - "the best are those that can run the offense effectively and keeps everyone involved while being a truly disruptive force against the other team's point guard." That is exactly what the MBA point guard is the very best at. Just my opinion - you'll have to watch him and make your own opinion. Add Mobley as the 2 guard and you have a guy who averaged 16/game last year as an all region player.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, we must stop this. We are giving wat too energy to BGA basketball and it ain't worth it. So let's call it quits. Why so much conversation about a middlle of the pack team. Now if you want to conversate about something special, that BA Freshman class is special in all sports so get ready for some titles in the near future.

Hoopmaster

Hello HoopMaster did you say middle of the pack. Please dont insult BGA like that. This is a new Era get use to it. The domination is over. Yes your freshman are okay but you have to play the game. This is not middle school any more, just because you might be bifgger than other kids dont compute to wins. BGA will make a believer out of you, so get on the band wagon now and save yourself some heart ache later. Good day until next time.

Mr. Smith, I really did not want to respond to this useless subject again but I've been forced to. So here goes. What exactly is BGA good in? Not a player or two, but what is it they actually win at? BA has laid the foundation against you guys in years past and fear resides in your hearts. You best take advantage of us in basketball this season because if you don't, you won't see another victory over BA in any sport before Jordan graduates. So say your prayers and eat your vitamins.

Hoopmaster

You have done it how, you tried to hurt my feeling but then I remembered we are at BGA because 100% of our student athletes attend college. We win at life. Sports is a way to enjoy your high school years not something you want to have on your mantle, State champions but what after that. Yes I must agree with you BA has done a great job at winning championships and have a great tradition. I can't agrue with that, but at what cost to the student. Let me know when they really care about their student athletes. With all the State championships how many kids have gone Division 1, lets be real eveyone wants to win but we are winning in the classroom and i hope BA is as well. BGA cares about the student first and foremost and as a parent what more can you ask for your child.

You have done it how, you tried to hurt my feeling but then I remembered we are at BGA because 100% of our student athletes attend college. We win at life. Sports is a way to enjoy your high school years not something you want to have on your mantle, State champions but what after that. Yes I must agree with you BA has done a great job at winning championships and have a great tradition. I can't agrue with that, but at what cost to the student. Let me know when they really care about their student athletes. With all the State championships how many kids have gone Division 1, lets be real eveyone wants to win but we are winning in the classroom and i hope BA is as well. BGA cares about the student first and foremost and as a parent what more can you ask for your child.

Last time I checked - 100% of BA's STUDENTS attend college, that means their student athletes do too. There may be an exception or two here or there that have chosen to serve their country (I'm sure we'll forgive this instance). To say that BA doesn't "care about their student athletes" is absurd, and really down right offensive. To take it a step further and stick your chest out and say that BGA is much better at caring about their students or athletes is, in my opinion, ignorant. I think that all of these schools (BA, BGA, MBA, ENSWORTH, FATHER RYAN, PJPII, etc) all do an outstanding job of meeting the needs of not only their students, but the families these students represent.

Do you know what goes on at BA (or MBA, ENS, or FR for that matter)? Have you seen first hand what happens at these other schools? Do you personally know how they treat students/families? Or are you just assuming that all BA (or MBA, or ENS, etc.) cares about is winning since they have been so successful?

Hello Matt I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you at all. Yes I do know first hand how BA treats it student athletes so there. I have alot of friends who attend BA. I'm not trying to bash the school at all just think that they can do a better job with the students that represent their fine school. Just my opinion on what some of my friends have told me. Don't have a hard attack.

Hello Matt I'm not trying to get into a pissing contest with you at all. Yes I do know first hand how BA treats it student athletes so there. I have alot of friends who attend BA. I'm not trying to bash the school at all just think that they can do a better job with the students that represent their fine school. Just my opinion on what some of my friends have told me. Don't have a hard attack.

No, you don't have first hand information. Your "friends" are not first hand information. Actually experiencing it is what is called "first hand". If you don't think they do a good job with the students they have, what are some ways they could improve? What steps could they take to ensure their "student athletes" are provided for and taken care of. I ask you this because if you have "first hand" knowledge of BA and you seem to have first hand knowledge of BGA, what is BGA doing a better job of that BA isn't? I'm not having a "heart attack", just trying to understand your point of view of the inside workings of BA and BGA.

Mr. Smith. I'm not going to bash BGA(the school) because I'm sure they do a good job with their students as well as all the other private schools do. I can tell you first hand though that BA does a great job at building unity among the entire student body with the goal of glorifying Christ, representing their families, and the school in everything they do. That is the main reason why they are so successful and most people don't understand that. When you really look at it, they don't have the best athletes in town in neither sport, but as a focused, unified team, they excel because they fight together. Take a good look around the school, there are not any championship banners hanging anywhere, even though they have won many. Humility. We get stereotyped because we have won big and I think it's unfair. If you speak to any BA student, one thing you will notice in them all is humility. Just for the record, I've spoken to some BGA kids and I've noticed the same thing and they have been respectful also, so kudos to BGA and any school and parents that are raising their kids right in this tough era. I say all that to say this, GO EAGLES and we are going to kick your tails on the field. LOL

Hoopmaster

ok who cares about BA and their championships they have only won a recent state championship in baseball and have been runner up for the last 3 years in a row. BA has great talent in the school but never show up in the big games. BA will be the sleeper in this division in my opinion along with BGA. Alot of BGA's talent is covered up by coaching he tends to play upper classmen and not play his young talent. Last year's team would have been better if you couldnt predict who would shoot the ball for BGA everytime it was either 22 or 10 and maybe the mayo kid. Now that those three are gone BGA is alot better and unselfish and competitive team this year.

Back to Back State Titles in Baseball that is but that isn't the issue. The issue is hard work, dedication, and fighting for your teammates, never worrying about individual honor. One thing about losing the Big Game is that you must be in it to lose it. But even that isn't the issue. The issue again is the mission that is taught the kids and they value it. Athletics is only 1/3 of the mission. It's a great feeling knowing that everytime you play against another school in any sport, they view the game almost like a superbowl. That means we must be on top of our game always, in every sport. It's tough but it's an honor representing BA in that way. Another thing, young talent is not mature talent. Talent must be mature in order to play on the varsity level and contribute.

Hoopmaster