MACON VS GOODPASTURE

jlwlln4

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture does not lack in the size department. They played like two different teams the first two weeks. I guess that is a result of so many 10th and 11th graders playing. I dont think Goodpasture has played Macon County in a long time, it should be fun to watch.

Goodpasture doesn't lack in the size department, but they do lack in speed.

No they do not lack in speed! They have pleanty of speed. What they lack is expierence. They have several kids that run sub 4.5 forty's, but the problem is that they are thinking to much. You can tell that they are thinking about not making an assinment mistake, instead of just playing football and let your natural ability show thru. I know that once these cougars get a few games under there belt, they will be ready to go. I know Coach Martin will see to that. And if you watched last weeks game, the secondary played a very good ball game, especially in the second half. They were right with there guy step for step. They also have a real fast receiver, but I think the coaching staff wanted to establish a physical brand of play and get there "bigs" going. And they needed to do that. They needed to set a physical tone last week. There line played very good last week, and each of there fullbacks ran for 100+ yards.