9-11: Waverly at McEwen

Before anything else, I hope all of us will remember those who lost loved ones in 2001. All of our lives were impacted on that day but I especially pray for those whose lives were directly impacted and changed.

I have only been in Humphreys County since the summer of 2004 but this is a game that I have hoped would happen since my arrival. My alma mater (Dyersburg High School) and their in county rival Dyer County compete and I think it is great for Dyer county. On top of this a game of this nature will benefit the athletic programs financially. Personally I am thrilled this is going to happen and look forward to a great atmosphere in McEwen Friday night.

With all of that being said I have nothing but love and respect for my friends and the citizens of McEwen. However, I want to see the Tigers come out of the game with the win.

On a side note the mayors of Waverly and McEwen have a friendly wager on the game. If McEwen wins, our Mayor will wear a McEwen jersey to a Waverly city council meeting. If Waverly wins, their mayor will wear a Waverly jersey to a McEwen city council meeting.

Go Tigers!

Well, I was born and raised in Waverly, married a girl from McEwen lived here most of my life. I remember when we stopped playing. I agree this is a game that should be played, been saying this for years. But as far as a result, this is like any other rivalry, throw out the records and abilities. It will be a battle. Both want to make statements. It should be fun.

ON a stronger note, parents, let the kids play and leave the petty arguing at home. Our kids get along well out of the bounds of the schools, forget the past and move forward for the sake of the kids and for the sake of our county.

ON a stronger note, parents, let the kids play and leave the petty arguing at home. Our kids get along well out of the bounds of the schools, forget the past and move forward for the sake of the kids and for the sake of our county.

This was in the back of my mind when the game was signed but I do not expect a problem. Granted, you never know what to expect but I do not think the coaching staffs or administrations will stand for or allow things getting out of hand.

How is the radio station going to cover the game? Will each set of broadcasters cover the game or only one set?

AS of now, both broadcasting teams will broadcast. You can get on the internet and choose who to listen to. Ain't that neat???? That is the plans as of now. If it changes, I'll let you know. There had been talk of only having one crew cover with Me doing one half and Gary doing the other half with us doing the color commentary while the other broadcasts. But like I said, for now, both will be calling. Stay tuned. :thumb:

AS of now, both broadcasting teams will broadcast. You can get on the internet and choose who to listen to. Ain't that neat???? That is the plans as of now. If it changes, I'll let you know. There had been talk of only having one crew cover with Me doing one half and Gary doing the other half with us doing the color commentary while the other broadcasts. But like I said, for now, both will be calling. Stay tuned. :hungry:

Why would 1 radio station use two sets of announcers for the same game?! That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of!!!!!!