Cloudland and Avery

pujo

Hang in there bigblue. There's still alot of season left.

We're not giving up down here, we still think we can have a good season. We've replaced 8 starters on D and 7 on O, and most of the new kids are FR and SO, so we're struggling with some growing pains right now. We can't run our whole D package because of all the younguns but we're getting it in slowly but surely. Good luck Friday night and every Friday night but one!!!!! :thumb:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I know I was frustrated after the West Greene game. We were almost as good as them and got beat by 3 TDs. Our offense is so basic now that we can't afford any mistakes at all. We no longer have the running threat at QB so that takes away the option that worked so well for us the last 2 years. Now we just line up and come at you. I tell everyone I talk to that the Cosby and Cloudland game will be closer than most think. I know coach Shelton and you guys will only get better and better as the season goes.

P.S. I hope everything goes well for your family and I hope the new little one will be healthy. :thumb:

Man, I know I was frustrated after the West Greene game. We were almost as good as them and got beat by 3 TDs. Our offense is so basic now that we can't afford any mistakes at all. We no longer have the running threat at QB so that takes away the option that worked so well for us the last 2 years. Now we just line up and come at you. I tell everyone I talk to that the Cosby and Cloudland game will be closer than most think. I know coach Shelton and you guys will only get better and better as the season goes.

P.S. I hope everything goes well for your family and I hope the new little one will be healthy. :thumb:

Cloudland will beat Cosby like a drum.

I hope we do win big, but in my opinion I think Cosby's kids will fight us hard. They will be on their home field and there coaches will have them fired up. I'd rather respect them than make bold predictions on here. :popcorneater:

I guess I just think Cloudland is a better team than you do, I think I would rather play Cosby as Avery. Avery does have a little offense, Cosby is lacking on both sides of the ball.

I think Cloudland is a very good football team. I'm just trying to give the other teams a little respect unlike I used to. Avery will be a challenge. I also gave West Greene respect before we played them. I even think it will be tough against the Creekers. Sometimes I think people liked me better when I talked trash. :popcorneater:

I hope everybody the rest of the year disrespects us and thinks they are going to throttle us. The fact is we are getting better and not everybody we play from here on out will have that big size advantage that our first three opponents had on us. Our young kids are getting better and understanding more of what we are trying to do, I'm not at all saying that we will beat Cloudland, but I certainly don't think they will run us off the field. Again I say that I would love to see the great staff at Hampton take our kids and us have theirs and see what the outcome might be. Hampton did what they should've to us, they are bigger and more experienced at every position, the only advantage we had was Robert, 11 on 1 I like anybodys odds, a monkey should be able to point to things in the playbook and make them work in a mismatch like that, I'm just sayin' :popcorneater:

Bigblue, Cloudland's staff respects everyone they play and prepares like it is the biggest game of the year. You coaches have nothing to be ashamed of after what you have done at Cosby. Coach Robbie has saved our program as well. I think they all should be commended on the dedication to being successful. :popcorneater:

I hope everybody the rest of the year disrespects us and thinks they are going to throttle us. The fact is we are getting better and not everybody we play from here on out will have that big size advantage that our first three opponents had on us. Our young kids are getting better and understanding more of what we are trying to do, I'm not at all saying that we will beat Cloudland, but I certainly don't think they will run us off the field. Again I say that I would love to see the great staff at Hampton take our kids and us have theirs and see what the outcome might be. Hampton did what they should've to us, they are bigger and more experienced at every position, the only advantage we had was Robert, 11 on 1 I like anybodys odds, a monkey should be able to point to things in the playbook and make them work in a mismatch like that, I'm just sayin' :popcorneater:

I never mentioned a word about anyone's Coaching staffs, Hampton plain and simply had the better team. The one thing that sticks out to me is, Hampton and Cosby has about the same number of students, Hampton evidently does a better job of getting kids to play. I doubt Hampton will ever have a team as young as you guys claim to have.

I never mentioned a word about anyone's Coaching staffs, Hampton plain and simply had the better team. The one thing that sticks out to me is, Hampton and Cosby has about the same number of students, Hampton evidently does a better job of getting kids to play. I doubt Hampton will ever have a team as young as you guys claim to have.

I didnt say YOU mentioned it, when you have kids walking the halls that could make a difference yeah its tough, and why would we make anything up about the age of our team, why would we claim to be young for the sake of making a claim? If Hampton never has to go through that then they are lucky, because they will be the only team in the history of football to not have to break in a bunch of new kids in the same year, I'm just sayin' :twisted:

I think this topic should steer back to Cloudland and Avery tommorrow night. Hampton and Cosby done played their game. Hampton won big. Really not much more to talk about. I know coach Shelton will field more teams capable of beating the Bulldogs and a lot of other teams in the future and coach Turbyfill will also field teams that will beat the Bulldogs and alot of other teams in the future.

I didnt say YOU mentioned it, when you have kids walking the halls that could make a difference yeah its tough, and why would we make anything up about the age of our team, why would we claim to be young for the sake of making a claim? If Hampton never has to go through that then they are lucky, because they will be the only team in the history of football to not have to break in a bunch of new kids in the same year, I'm just sayin' :twisted:

Hampton breaks um in every year, they call it jv's, they usually have a few young kids who gets playing time, its not like they don't have older boys, sometimes you get talented 9th and 10th graders. The big back for Hampton is a soph. The team that Cloudland sent to the state started 2 freshmen and several sophmores. It was a choice.