Cherokee vs. Volunteer

SeeingthingsoO

30th Annual "Battle of Hawkins County"

Both teams suffer from a losing streak syndrome right now. Volunteer (0-3) losing to Elizabethton, North and Science Hill. Cherokee (0-3) losing to Johnson County, Daniel Boone and Morristown West.

Will the trophy call Cherokee or Volunteer home for the next year?

The Rogersville Review has posted an article on the rivalry history this week. The article can be found here: http://therogersvillereview.com/story/10217

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the article was interesting. Both schools have gotten off to a bad start. From what I hear the Volunteer practices this week have gone well. Couple of big boys on Cherokee defense so Falcons offense is going to have to stay strong and not give up.

This should be a good game with the intensity of the county rivalry and both teams hungry for that 1st win. Good luck to both. I noticed that Josh Stewerd had a big game for Science Hill last week and was surprised that he did not still play for Cherokee. Does anyone know what prompted the move? I believe he was in Kingsport city schools at one time.

I've not heard an official word, just gossip... How many players are out now for Volunteer? I know that Franklin and Rogers were out early in the last game. Mutter and a few others were showing signs of possible leg injuries. What's the official word for all injured Falcon players? Condition, length of time from season etc... pls

I've not heard an official word, just gossip... How many players are out now for Volunteer? I know that Franklin and Rogers were out early in the last game. Mutter and a few others were showing signs of possible leg injuries. What's the official word for all injured Falcon players? Condition, length of time from season etc... pls

Devin goes to the doctor tomorrow to get a MRI on his shoulder.

I hope all the injured players have speedy recoveries and are back on the ballfield soon.

Franklin is out for a whiile at least with a torn MCL. Doctors have scheduled surgery and say he could possibly be back in two weeks after that. Rogers will not be starting tonight with his shoulder problem. One of our linebackers is out with a broken finger, I think he is to go today too have pins in it. Don't know about Mutter, but I think he will start. I hope all the injured have a speedy recovery, and good luck to them. As for the game I think Volunteer will bring home the trophy tonight, but it will be tough. you have several players playing both sides of the ball because of injuries. We will not only be fighting our opponent, but also fatigue. Good Luck to the Team

Tough loss for the Falcons. It was a really great game to watch other than the fact that Cherokee finished with more points. I thought VHS had this one won. I think they played hard but came up a little short because they couldn't stop House. Landon House had an amazing game and should win Charter player of the week.

Keep your head up Volunteer it was not a conference game. I thought that Dakota Fletcher played an amazing game at the LB position tonight. I seen a lot of others that played well too. IMO Zack Moffitt, Austin Gray, Luke Cradic, Brock Bowery, RJ Williams, Jake Crow, Joey Lawson, Heath Allen, Joe Marsh, and the O line did a good job. Those are just a few that stood out to me tonight.

Still 6 games left. Stay focused and strive to get better and good things will happen for this team in the future. Lets start by winning next week against Davy Crockett.