Trinity Christian at JCS

ReitzFan

Last season, TCA won this game in an overtime thriller by the score of 32-31 at TCA.

This season, TCA comes into this game off of losses to USJ, and a very good Manassas team. JCS started this season with losses to Milan and SBEC before getting a cupcake win over Rossville Christian last week.

JCS once again is a pass happy team (63% of plays thru the air) lead by QB Cody Jones. He has one of the most dangerous weapons in West Tennessee in WR Drae Bowles who is only a sophomore. Other receiving options include John David Johnson, Zac Parker, and Johnathon Payne.

TCA is lead by junior QB Jabriel Washington. He can beat you with his feet and is more than capable throwing the ball as well. Joey Hanson had a HUGE game last week with close to 200 yards receiving. 6-7 other receivers will be at Washington's disposal as well. TCA is a more balanced team offensively with a 51/48% run to pass ratio.

This game will also feature perhaps the two best place kickers in West Tennessee in Cody Jones of JCS and Josh Lenoir of TCA.

TCA had a very physical game with Manassas last week. How is their health coming into this rivalry game?

Despite both teams having sub 500 records, this will be one of the feature games in West Tennessee this week. Expect a standing room only crowd on Friday night at JCS.

If you can't make it to the game, catch all of the action on WIGH 88.7 beginning at 6:30pm. You can also catch the game online at http://www.wigh.afr.net.

Congrats Lions on a big win.

Game was tied 7-7 right before half and Josh Lenoir booms a 40 yard kickn to send the Lions into halftime with a lead 10-7. I had several key plays for TCA that propelled them to the win... 1. stopping JCS 4th and goal in the first quarter 2. Jabriel's long TD run in the third 3. stopping JCS on 4th and 3 inside the 30 in the 3rd or 4th 4. Lenoir's field goal. JCS fought hard until the very last horn. TCA somehow blocked its own kick and JCS picked it up and scored. TCA got the ball back and marched down the field while eating up the clock and then fumbled inside JCS' 10 yard line with 55 seconds. JCS then took the ball down the field and had one play at 5 seconds inside their ten... where Trinity Defense stood tall, covered receivers, and got to the quarterback (which they couldnt do the whole drive). Once again, a very exciting game.

I had the pleasure of working at this game tonight. There were several heros for TCA. Josh Lenoir had a big game. I had him for 18 carries and 53 yards and a TD. He also chipped in with 2 receptions and absolutely drilled a 43 yard field goal to end the first half. Austin Whitsett had 3 big catches in the second half of play. The entire offensive line did a great job opening up holes for Washington, Lenoir, and company.

The TCA defense stepped up HUGE tonight and only allowed JCS to score 2 offensive touchdowns. JCS had 9 offensive drives in this game and TCA held them on downs 3 times not counting the stand they made on the last play of the game and they forced 3 punts to boot. They held JCS to only 80 yards of offense in the entire first half. JCS only had two plays all night that covered 30+ yards (one in each half).

With all that being said, here is what I feel were the key points in this game. TCA displayed great ball control at three key points in the game. Their first score was on a 16 play, 94 yard drive in the second quarter. The second key drive was the 10 play 69 yard scoring drive on the second series of the second half. Finally, the third key point of ball control was on TCA's last drive of the night. TCA got the ball on their own 10 yard line with around 7 minutes to go. They marched down the field 80 yards and chewed up over 6 minutes of clock. Even though they ended up fumbling the ball away, the drive was just huge.

Another key point in the game was holding JCS WR Drae Bowles to only 3 offensive touches the ENTIRE game. JCS must get the ball into Bowles hands 10+ times a game on the offensive end to win against good teams.

The final key point to this game was simply Jabriel Washington. I had him unofficially with 25 carries for 203 yards and 2 scores. His 73 yard run on the first play TCA ran in the second half was simply electric! Washington only completed 7 passes in the entire game. 4 of those were in the second half and 3 of those were completions to Austin Whitsett for first downs. His reads and the way he masked his handoffs was outstanding all night long. His block of a Cody Jones extra point in the 4th quarter really ended up keeping JCS from going for the easy chip shot field goal at the end of regulation as it preserved a 4 point lead. His defensive presence was key in limiting the touches given to Bowles by JCS.

This was a well officated game with alot of nice plays, crisp hitting by both teams, and good sportsmanship displayed by both clubs.

It was a fun game!

I agree reitzfan, tonights game was great but I think trinity controlled the game until that little late self destruction. We need to clean up our act a little bit if we plan on succeeding for the rest of the season. As for jcs, you guys have some big kids up front I had never seen before! I was impressed by how jcs's young line stood up for the most part. Cody jones reaaaally needs some help on offense though, he took some shots tonight simply because he was trying to make something happen offensively and no one else seemed to be on the same page. Drae bowles really looks like the only big weapon jones has to work with and he certainly needs more touches to take some pressure off the qb.