who has the best fans.....?????

SuperMatt

Posted by osunut2:

Being a Powell grad and all, most fans from Powell and other schools just consider Maryville fans rednecks, especially the students. I mean I guess you would think that breakin' stuff would be considered the greatest accomplishment of your entire teenage lives! I guess that would be something to be proud of considering you fly a Rebel flag at your football games. You wanna' brag about something? Go brag about how good your team is, not how stupid your fans can be.

i am a maryville graduate and i agree with you on the behavior. i never heard of maryville kids doing that kind of thing but it has been a long time since i was a kid myself. the rebel flag i am kind of tired of defending but it is a tradition more than anything. appearances can be deceiving. don't make fun of our flags and we won't make fun of that panther sound effect you use. LOL

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OS has some great fans but the size of the community and school makes people over mind us. We have some of the best support because of all the people who travel. Cloudland? hello OS had more fans at that game then you all did. But you do have a really small school but Cloudland is about 3 hours away from Oliver Springs and there were still about half or more the amount of fans at a home game which is remarkable. Maryville is the best from what I see on FNH and all the other sports channels. It looks great but it's a really big area. I was dissapointed with the OS fans last fri. against Smith County. Smith had some awsome fans and they were loud and half the time we were just bearly making noise. the student section has also shrunk so I can't figure it out. I think it might be when Stan Ballard left. he's sorda the big starter of that stuff or at least made it as great as what it was. we need to gain our respect back of being one of the best group of fans in the state.

Guest caligula

Everytime I post someone gets all anti-Maryville. Let me set the record straight (someone will argue but oh well). The two times we broke bleachers was at Alcoa.

1st time: fooball game, new bleecher with too many people jumping up and down on the, the sides fell off, but they are still usable.

2nd time: basketball, the intentionally put us up in the nose bleed, back of the stadium knowing we were rowdy. We didn't try to break them. We just heard a crash.

Go head take shots, you all always do.

Rednecks, Powell is not Atlanta... Rebel flags, whoopty do, I don't wave it I'm black and don't care to.

Getting in trouble with the cops...that is because the don't allow noise making devices like clappers and bull horns in certain (MTSU)(Bearden) places.

Anyway back on topic, who has the best fans in your opinion.

Guest DudeLove4

Who said Morristown West had crazy fans? Yeah theres some but, Most of them just come to be seen, there not crazy, I go to West man, I'm in there raising mad craziness and I see punks behind me decked out in Abercrombie and Fitch looking cool. Makes me sick. But in Basketball we do bring the funky freshness to the court, at West (basketball) you're real close to the players so you can insult them and such.

How's my good Friend Stan ballard? I mentioned earlier that he set the bar as far as a student section is concerned when he was at Oliver Springs. Did he do the same there? I guess since he's been so sick he might not have been able to He probably didn't have too though because about everyone has a student section now but did he have a part in getting everyone there fired up about basketball?

Posted by DudeLove4:

Who said Morristown West had crazy fans? Yeah theres some but, Most of them just come to be seen, there not crazy, I go to West man, I'm in there raising mad craziness and I see punks behind me decked out in Abercrombie and Fitch looking cool. Makes me sick. But in Basketball we do bring the funky freshness to the court, at West (basketball) you're real close to the players so you can insult them and such.