CAK's Schedule

mlkmn24

After looking over CAK's schedule, I dont see them losing a regular season game. I am not saying that they won't lose but it looks like their schedule was a whole lot more challanging the first few weeks of the season versus what they have left to play. I know that they have a young defense and that these are still high school girls but it looks like they could play alot of players and get everyone some experience for tournament time.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After looking over CAK's schedule, I dont see them losing a regular season game. I am not saying that they won't lose but it looks like their schedule was a whole lot more challanging the first few weeks of the season versus what they have left to play. I know that they have a young defense and that these are still high school girls but it looks like they could play alot of players and get everyone some experience for tournament time.

I would tend to agree with you, but this can be a blessing and a curse at the same time. Complacency can rear its ugly head, and then "boom" you lose in a knockout game and go home 18-1. Maryville might be a tough match, but they are having some up and down scores, so not sure.

I would love to see the Lady Warriors go the distance without a loss (or a tie). They came close 3 years ago, but tied 2 teams.

That is where coaching comes into play. Do you keep playing your top 14-15 players and win 6-0 and risk injury or do you play 17-20 players and get everyone experience but risk a loss or lose the chemistry that you already have created. There has to be a happy medium somewhere and that is where the coach earns his/her money.

That is where coaching comes into play. Do you keep playing your top 14-15 players and win 6-0 and risk injury or do you play 17-20 players and get everyone experience but risk a loss or lose the chemistry that you already have created. There has to be a happy medium somewhere and that is where the coach earns his/her money.

Wow i wish i earned my money that way...

How did I know that once I put the word "money" in my post that it would come to the topic of CAK paying boat loads of money for their coaches. I have posted on this before when CAK hired Coach Pharr, CAK does not pay their coaches a huge salary. I would say that a 4-5 year teacher at a public school makes more than 95% of the teachers and coaches at CAK. What makes CAK an attractive school for coaches is that some retire from public schools and collect a retirement check from them and a check from CAK. For example, Darden, Young, and Cowan. Another thing is that there are parents at CAK that will donate the money to make sure that the coaches get what they need for their programs. For example, dirt, grass seed, equipment etc.... it has always been that way over there. I will tell you one thing though, no one works harder on improving their facilities than Tommy Pharr. You can ask anyone that has ever played for him. So to make my point, CAK does not write blank checks to get people to come and coach their sports teams.

Yes, coaches do get paid but not nearly enought to put up with the parents that are trying to relive their childhood through their kids.

Ha ha! I can PROMISE you that CAK doesn't just throw money around (otherwise I wouldn't have had to cancel my cable, and cut off my home phone to save some money each month). It is a great place to work, with wonderful people and very supportive parents and administration. Money is good, but I can tell you it isn't everything.

Been watching Champions League games the last couple of days on Fox Soccer Channel with Dish Network. Don't know if it is a free trial (just showed up a few days ago) or a basic channel now, but loving it. Watched a couple of games on the computer last season (for free)...might try that.

I got to see the Man U Tottenahm game (they play them on ESPN now, and my cable runs out this month) and Defoe's bicycle kick goal in the first minute was one of the sickest goals I have seen in a while. I will miss watching, but there are more important things in life.