SC Football

schs3

Yes we are a whopping 1-2. What a wonderful start and we still have the 2 hardest games of the season to go. I'm new to the area so can someone tell me why Stewart County who I don't believe has went to a state tourny in football ONCE in it's existence ends up in a "district" or division as you may call it with 2 of the top 10 teams in 2A? Yes I know there are reasons why this happened but can someone fill me in. Oh by the way we've lost those two games with an average loss of 24 pts. so yah we're not doing too well. And another thing those two teams are David Libscomb and Good Pasture there may be more that we play but those are the only 2 i remember. :confused:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two years ago the TSSAA regrouped the regions. I think Smith Co., Trousdale Co., Cannon Co., York, Jackson Co. and maybe a few more teams chose to move up to 3A because of the privates. You can play up but you can't play down. I guess your team should have moved up too. Then you would just have to play teams like Portland, Smith Co., and Trousdale Co. but I guess it beats playing privates. Good luck on the rest of your season.

you succeeded in on thing that post. Confusing me much more than i was previously. Does anyone know exactly why we play goodpasture which is if i am thinking clearly who knows with all the medicine. But i do believe they are south of nashville about 2 hrs away from where we are. It doesn't seem feasible to me. Also we played Eagleville whish is almost 3 hrs. away. Do the HS schedule their own games? or TSAAA?

Posted by bigreid:

Two years ago the TSSAA regrouped the regions. I think Smith Co., Trousdale Co., Cannon Co., York, Jackson Co. and maybe a few more teams chose to move up to 3A because of the privates. You can play up but you can't play down. I guess your team should have moved up too. Then you would just have to play teams like Portland, Smith Co., and Trousdale Co. but I guess it beats playing privates. Good luck on the rest of your season.

thank you but another thing does anyone have any idea why eagleville although they are a new school would want to travel 3 hrs to play a game. I mean even we beat them it was 30-3. You'd think they'd have picked a closer team to get their butts kicked by. But thank you for your explanation.

Posted by pioneer8991:
Posted by schs3:

you succeeded in on thing that post. Confusing me much more than i was previously. Does anyone know exactly why we play goodpasture which is if i am thinking clearly who knows with all the medicine. But i do believe they are south of nashville about 2 hrs away from where we are. It doesn't seem feasible to me. Also we played Eagleville whish is almost 3 hrs. away. Do the HS schedule their own games? or TSAAA?

Posted by bigreid:

When Smith, Trousdale, Upperman, Cannon moved up to 3A football, it created a void in 2A where they would have been. The TSSAA had to draw region lines in 2A that were very far apart to get an even balance (what a joke) amongst the remaining 2A teams. SC and the other 2A teams are the only ones in the area thus they are region 4 2A. The Tssaa mandates that you play all of your region oppenents, all other scheduled games are left up to the school.

i also saw from our sideline mind you that they have a leadership problem i believe if the coach gets a diff attitude or a diff coach possibly they could win games early on. They played good up until we scored on them torward the end of the 1st and they fell apart afterwards. Good Luck to them though.

Posted by pioneer8991:

If your desperate for a game to fill out a schedule, then you will travel as far as nec. Eagleville is a new school and will take some poundings early.

i think he's doing good. He's put some ppl in that didn't need to be in. A lil 110 lb freshman rb. in against varsity 2nd string d? Yah he needed playing time but not against a 2nd string varsity D. But he's doing fine with me but what matters to most ppl at the end of the yr is the win-loss record. Not what you've done with the program (which from what i can tell he's still done about nothing) Oh by the way that rb has a broken leg now maybe worse.

Posted by Robman:

What are your thoughts on coach Dewayne Tabor? :confused:

i think your right if the ppl here will give him time to build the program. I don't think you can come in and in 2 or 3 years have a winning program. Unless your going to a big school or a school with state championships within the past few yrs. But here we're neither so i do believe that if you give him time he'll build us to be a somewhat competitive team. I think next year will be a good year with the juniors we have now with more experience and the sophomores look promising. Also our JV team isn't looking too bad they're 2-1 the QB threw for 245 and 3 TD's this past game...all in the first half....so watch out for him.

Posted by Robman:

I think Dewayne is an excellent football coach. When he coached my nephew at Monterey, in the early to mid 90's, he was way short on tallent. I, along with several, wished he had never left! Give him the benefit of the doubt and a little time, and I think you will be pleased! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Guest irishdawg187

You may not expect a coach to come in and have a winning season but when Paul Watkins came to Houston County We went 9-3 and went to the second round of the play offs.The second yeah we went 7-4 and went to the first round. Its about how much you know about the game. :D

[Edited by irishdawg187 on 9-20-02 8:09P]