Halls @ Anderson CO.

Space3

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeping my fingers crossed that this one will fall to Halls. Halls secondary is underrated and could be the difference this week. If we finally cross the century mark running the ball and control the clock putting pressure on AC's passing game this one could be ours. But if we try to make it a track meet I think AC could thump us.( I don't want to even consider it.) AC has a potent offense. We have a good defense.

My heart wants a Halls victory with the duck finally broken 24-21 is my hope. If we bounce back this week we have a good chance to finish 5-5. Time for us to win a close one for a change. :thumb:

Congrats to ex Halls guy Blakely 10 receptions for 118 yards against Powell.

Halls might very well have the best secondary AC has seen this year. Because we were off in week zero, I went to the Clinton - Halls game. Stone wasn't able to exploit them at all. But he really didn't need to because Hazelhurst had a big night (over 190 yards rushing, if I recall correctly and right now I'm just too lazy to check).

My two cents is that a game-plan like we used against Central will be effective -- many a dink and dunk along with some draws and the occasional long ball to keep the defense honest. Look for Blakley, Hicks and Hudson to get a whole lot of touches.

Halls is not to be taken for granted. They were in the game with Clinton until losing three turnovers in the 3rd quarter, almost beat Powell (holding them to a lot fewer points than we did) and played toe to toe with OR.

Congrats to ex Halls guy Blakely 10 receptions for 118 yards against Powell.

ZCAR, I sure am glad we've got him and not you guys. Will the QB who was hurt before the season started be back for this game?

Blakely has been a big part of AC's rise this year. We could have used him with our running game being lackluster the past few weeks.

Dowdy wants to come back in the worse way not really sure if it would be good for him physically. Josh Coffman has done a good job backing him up. Overall, he is nearly around the 50% completion mark not to bad for a backup. He will be even better next year with more reps.

Dowdy wants to come back in the worse way not really sure if it would be good for him physically. Josh Coffman has done a good job backing him up. Overall, he is nearly around the 50% completion mark not to bad for a backup. He will be even better next year with more reps.

Sounds like Halls is not as one dimensional as in the past. I remember a few passes in the Clinton game that I attended.

I saw a Halls coach at the AC - Powell game taking notes. He saw a porous defense against the run. We're going to have to rectify that as there will come a time that our high-powered offense might not be able to put up the big numbers, which is of course what you were referring to in your earlier post about ball and clock control.

Sounds like Halls is not as one dimensional as in the past. I remember a few passes in the Clinton game that I attended.

I saw a Halls coach at the AC - Powell game taking notes. He saw a porous defense against the run. We're going to have to rectify that as there will come a time that our high-powered offense might not be able to put up the big numbers, which is of course what you were referring to in your earlier post about ball and clock control.

We have to find away to run the ball effectively again especially in this game. The passing game surprised Oak Ridge last week which to me has been our most effective offensive weapon with Gresham having three TD's through the air this year after five games.

Read the sports section of the Sentinel today with the Meyer & Kiffin war of words. I'm not so sure Halls has this in mind for this weeks game. Grind it out and run the clock. It worked for UT being a 29 point underdog. The tide has to turn for Halls to win a close one.

Lets look at our report card thru 5 games:

wins - 0

looses - 4

ties - 0

moral victories - 1

After seeing AC put Powell in there place on Saturday, I have extreme doubts that the Red Devils can play good enough to beat them.

Saw KJ pic in the Shopper and he looks like he is happy and content. Is that responsibility taken away time he could be spending on football at HHS. Just asking!!

Lets look at our report card thru 5 games:

wins - 0

looses - 4

ties - 0

moral victories - 1

After seeing AC put Powell in there place on Saturday, I have extreme doubts that the Red Devils can play good enough to beat them.

Saw KJ pic in the Shopper and he looks like he is happy and content. Is that responsibility taken away time he could be spending on football at HHS. Just asking!!

I don't think it's took a lot of focus off the team. I am hopeful we will try to update the offense next year.

With the massive water rate increases by Hallsdale Powell in the past few years. I think the Halls Shopper didn't help by putting that picture on the front page with the smiling faces. It just promotes more bad feelings about HP looking at a new facility. It probably is long overdue but it isn't going to get much sympathy with the rate payers. But thats another story for another time.

Halls looks to have IT on D. Great athletes in the secondary, and the fellas up front looked to have pushed Oak Ridge around a little bit last week. From what I saw when Powell played Anderson County, the Mavericks got punished up front. Halls will probably continue the punishment and then some.

Halls' offense, however, doesn't sound too impressive. Anderson County's defense may have a breakout game, but I won't count on it. I see AC coming out on top, but they probably won't light up the board as much as they have in the last few weeks.

28-24 AC :popcorneater: