Soddy Daisy

hixsonbowler1

Today Soddy Daisy opened up their season against Signal Mt. Soddy's starting line up (Matt Lyon, Allyn Pickett, Cody Hunter, Kaleb Langston, Wes Williams, and Andy Holden) really came out swinging. Some highlights were: Wes Williams with a 224-225, Cody Hunter 225-210, Allyn pickett 246, Matt Lyon 268, Kaleb Langston 224. Soddys team is lookin rather good this year, lets see if they can keep it up. Good work guys!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just wanted to give the highest praise to Lawrence County for their efforts during the sectional event in Hixson. It's hard to come across a team with the amount of character they have, and I wish them the best of luck in the coming years. Even in a foreign center, they still managed to put up some impressive scores (245, a few 220's, some 210's) and even a 280 the day before the event during practice! (Watching that kinda scared me a little, being a former Soddy bowler) Soddy bowled somewhat out of our league in that match, and even with Lawrence County throwing together some very good games to find themselves down considerably after the first match, they did not complain nor did their sportsmanship decline at all. They continued working to string together some good shots, and that shows how dedicated they are to doing well, and it also shows that they do not quit even under unfavorable circumstances. They are simply a class act, and I hope to see them doing well again next year.

Similarly, we here at Soddy would like to wish all the remaining teams in the state event good luck! And everyone try to stay warm and drive safely :D