Hillsboro at Cane Ridge

56dad

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Score?

You were there as offensive co-ordinator? Why would you be asking for the score?

Bobby Baskin took over as O Coordinator August 30. I am an off the field coach (scouting, field work, eligibility, etc.)

I did not know,sorry. Was this a choice you made? The new OC is not the answer. Hopefully he has changed since his one year at Hillwood. Could be a good coach,but is his own worst enemy from what is known.

They have big guys on the team but the"philosophy" of the Head Coach and his porous 4-3 D is speed vs. size. Got several 270, 280 and two 300 pound guys who never get to play D. DL coach has little or no knowledge of who to play where.

Just because they're big doesn't mean they're good. They have 1 guy who's 300 pounds and the closest is 270. Then they have a couple guys who hit around 240 so I don't know what team you're looking at. As for the DL coach not having any knowledge, I believe he had a handful of guys from Hunters Lane the past several years get scholarships for football and I'm sure they were great athletes, but there had to be some good coaching involved with that. Even if there wasn't he obviously knew how to plug him into their system.

The Burros will be fine and if they beat Centennial 2 Fridays from this Friday, they'll have another playoff berth and I wouldn't be surprised if they shocked some people in November through December. The talent and coaching is there, everyone just needs to get on the same page.

They have big guys on the team but the"philosophy" of the Head Coach and his porous 4-3 D is speed vs. size. Got several 270, 280 and two 300 pound guys who never get to play D. DL coach has little or no knowledge of who to play where.

Just because they're big doesn't mean they're good. They have 1 guy who's 300 pounds and the closest is 270. Then they have a couple guys who hit around 240 so I don't know what team you're looking at. As for the DL coach not having any knowledge, I believe he had a handful of guys from Hunters Lane the past several years get scholarships for football and I'm sure they were great athletes, but there had to be some good coaching involved with that. Even if there wasn't he obviously knew how to plug him into their system.

The Burros will be fine and if they beat Centennial 2 Fridays from this Friday, they'll have another playoff berth and I wouldn't be surprised if they shocked some people in November through December. The talent and coaching is there, everyone just needs to get on the same page.

I have seen every scrimmage, every game, and most practices. The defense sucks. Peroid. Giving up 9+ yards a carry.