Early 7AAA predictions?

LiverpoolReds

Siegel has really impressed me with the scores they have posted.

Really? If exhibition scores previously posted are correct, it appears Siegel has only posted "1 score" in three games (L 1-0 vs Columbia, W 1-0 vs Brentwood, T 0-0 vs Father Ryan). Please keep posting your thoughts on other district schools performances. You appear to be very knowledgeable. I am eager to review your previously predicted district rankings once the season concludes.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in preseason games, when they dont mean anything to begin with. You see how good teams are by watching how they are competing with teams. Siegel beat brentwood 1 0 (#2 team in AAA in preseason poll) and tied father ryan (#2 team in All of Tennessee in the poll) I know they arent scoring, i said that. (if you would read what i say before trying to rip on me, you would have seen that) But atleast what they are doing is more impressive than losing 5 0 to hendersonville or ravenwood. And definately more impressive than losing to coffee county? THAT is why i said Siegel is impressing

in preseason games, when they dont mean anything to begin with. You see how good teams are by watching how they are competing with teams. Siegel beat brentwood 1 0 (#2 team in AAA in preseason poll) and tied father ryan (#2 team in All of Tennessee in the poll) I know they arent scoring, i said that. (if you would read what i say before trying to rip on me, you would have seen that) But atleast what they are doing is more impressive than losing 5 0 to hendersonville or ravenwood. And definately more impressive than losing to coffee county? THAT is why i said Siegel is impressing

siegel plays ravenwood next thursday. will be interesting. we'll see how impressive siegel is !

My prediction for district 7AAA - Siegel will place third in regular season.

so are you going to have anything to back up what you say? i can see you putting Siegel as three, but have a reason to support your choice.(like a weakness you see in them, or the other teams that you think are stronger and why) and dont just put Siegel as third because you dont like them

7AAA is always a great read.

Smyrna moves into a tough district. What were they in -- oh yeah 9 which had the state runner up.

Siegel will have the most talent. They will have more select players than probably any other three teams combined (heck, they will have more on the bench than any other team in the district). Posted by one of the Strikers coaches. Siegel coach’s son is on the Strikers. Siegel coach only gives assistance.

Riverdale will be a powerhouse.. just because they are Riverdale. Dumped on by Hendersonville by 5--- Oh 3rd keeper. Sounds a lot like what the Hendersonville posters write.

Thanks for keeping us around Middle Tn entertained.

7AAA is always a great read.

Smyrna moves into a tough district. What were they in -- oh yeah 9 which had the state runner up.

Siegel will have the most talent. They will have more select players than probably any other three teams combined (heck, they will have more on the bench than any other team in the district). Posted by one of the Strikers coaches. Siegel coach’s son is on the Strikers. Siegel coach only gives assistance.

Riverdale will be a powerhouse.. just because they are Riverdale. Dumped on by Hendersonville by 5--- Oh 3rd keeper. Sounds a lot like what the Hendersonville posters write.

Thanks for keeping us around Middle Tn entertained.

For one. Brentwood was last years state runner ups. and they are from 11AAA. so think you are a little confused on that.

Also, If you are refering to Coach Shelton (Siegel's Coach) i might not know him to well, but he does seem a little young to be having a kid that is already in highschool.. so once again i dont quite follow what you are saying.

And 3rd. Pretty sure i stated earlier, that I didnt think Riverdale would be good this year? So dont know where you are coming from again my friend. But thank you for entertaining me for you attempts

I dont put alot of stock in scrimmage results, good coaches play different players in positions to learn how the team and player react. Saying that, Siegel result wise has had good results but don't see that playing out throughout the regular season. Each year we hear they have the most travel players of any team( I guess people only know Strikers players) theirs much better quality talent that dont play for Strikers club,ie.. Pleitez,Zeeck just to name a few, their are many more. I see Siegel 3-4 in district play.

Lavergne,Riverdale,Blackman are all talented and coaching wise my picks to battle for the district title. Lavergne is a strong team, will be very hard team to beat in district, Riverdale is young, had a key injury to their keeper but see them improving throughout the season. Blackman hasnt had good results in scrimmages, but do have one of the districts best strikers, and has a good quality center defender. Blackman like Riverdale should greatly improve as the district games get underway. Oakland has a good starting 11, but will depth be their only negative. Smyrna is improving but dont see this year being their year.

My prediction:

1)Lavergne

2)Blackman

3)Riverdale

4)Siegel

5)Oakland

6)Smyrna

Each year we hear they have the most travel players of any team( I guess people only know Strikers players) theirs much better quality talent that dont play for Strikers club,ie.. Pleitez,Zeeck just to name a few, their are many more.

Just out of curiousity... who are the many other quality players in 7AAA that don't play for a Strikers team? You named 2 and those were the only ones I could think of other than an midfielder from Lavergne whose name I can't recall (Ali ?).

The fact that the majority of Siegel's team plays for a club is nothing but beneficial for the team. Playing soccer all year round is better than only for 5 months and I think that's what should be pointed out. But just playing for a club team doesn't make you an instant champ (if that were the case Siegel would have won the district for once in the past). As for pre-season, I wouldn't make bets based on any results. The actual season is a different story. Although I have to say that Riverdale's results are a bit surprising, I have no doubt in Arman's coaching.

For the season, I think that Blackman, Riverdale, and Lavergne will be relying more on certain players for a win. While Siegel, Oakland, and Smyrna will really have to focus more on the team aspect since they really don't have a "household" player on their team like they've had in the past. But we will definitely find out soon as the season opens.

I agree with you playing for a travel club together does help, Blackman has 6 players that play for coach Arman at Stones River FC, plus that team also had 6 Lavergne players as well. I think this year this district is very competive instead of having a true dominant team. I look forward to seeing how it plays out, should make for an exciting district race.

so now the week in review.

Blackman impressed me. I might not know how good Franklin County is. but regardless. 4-0 is a quality score

Oakland won earlier this week. but have a tough tough game tonight against Father Ryan so i am curious to see how they do.

Riverdale. They won a game early this week. but 0-3 against Centennial is a Tough loss.

Siegel won 3-1 against Baylor which is a quality win against a quality opponent. Last night i think they lost 1-0 against a sure state bound team in Ravenwood. Which is still not a bad loss

LaVergne lost to Centennial 4-0 and then Tied Clarksville 2-2. So early season struggle for LaVergne. But still against quality opponents. still would like to see them myself before i make my own claim on how good they are

Smyrna tied Dickson County 1-1 so not a bad start for them

I am still eager to see how all of these teams progress throughout the season