Huntingdon Football

showcase

I traveled down to Mckenzie, TN from Harriman last friday night. As I drove down, I thought in the back of my mind how the rain would minimize the effectiveness of the wing t/double wing the Coach Swenson likes to perfect. From watching this game, is was evident the Swenson wanted to make sure the team didnt fumble because the traditional playing calling was very unlike Swenson from the past game I have watched. Now, I attended the David Lipscomb, which was the State Championship game a few years back, and Coach Swenson really threw the TOTAL arsenal of his offense at David Lipscomb that night and Huntingdon rushed for somewhere around 450yds that night on the ground.

What I would like to say to the Huntingdon football team is that Coach Swenson has goals in mind to achieve a State Championship this season and he will do everything in his power to put forth the effort to do that. From standing arounf hereing Mckenzie and Huntindon people talk about the rivalry of the game and how whoever loses would be down for a while. I want the players to understand who and what Coach Swenson will do to try to perfect his team. He will not a let team underachieve when he knows what they can do. His players should believe in him, he will have his team ready!

I remember when Huntingdon the state championship a few years back. Frank Wycheck who did the tv broadcast that night on Comcast up here in the Knoxville area said he had never seem an offense gameplan so perfect.

Players, I hope you realize the mindset of your Head Coach. Believe in him, he will take you to the top!

• 2 weeks later...

Olddevil, are you from the Harriman area? Malcolm Pendergrass was here a little while and the people enjoyed him.

I just hope the players believe in what Coach Swenson is probably doing in preparation to go to a state championship. If I know him, he wont jump ahead any and think of the next game. He knows every game from here on out is tough! But if the players believe in his offense and system of guidelines then he will have his team on the GREEN TURF in 3 weeks at 12pm!!

Trust me!!