SBEC @ Davidson Academy

Veer

The Game was very good. SBEC came out very strong scoring on the first drive. They also scored another touchdown on a long double pass play. Davidson played very badly in the first half with 5 offensive penalties on the first drive. the score at halftime was 14-0 SBEC. In the Third Davidson Scored on a Run play. SBEC killed themselves with peneties in the 2nd half with a pass interference call then an unsportsman like call then and then a hold I believe (not really sure one that one). Davidson scored again in the 4th with a pass play with 40 seconds left in the game. SBEC then down the ball at the end of regulation taking it to overtime. SBEC scored on the first play and kicked the extra point. Davidson Scored on the second or third play by run and went for two and made it. Very Intense Game both teams played there hearts out. These two teams have a great little rivalry going on and it makes for great games. they Both played very well. I think Davidson had about 230 yards rushing and held SBEC to around 100 or less I am not really sure exactly. I know that davidson pretty much shut down SBEC in the 2nd half.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davidson, as everyone knew, was bigger and stronger. SBEC had a great gameplan and really played as well as they could have defending DA's run game. I really don't blame the DA coach for going for 2 in OT to end the game but since DA was just physically better I was shocked he didn't kick the point knowing he'd wear the Trojans down and make a stop at some point...or maybe not. Maybe he just decided it was better to go physical and not risk a goofy kicking mistake. That's such a physical, physical team. Had it gone another quarter DA would have rolled b/c SBEC's lines would have fallen out from exhaustion. They're just too darned good and the back would have eventually broken off a big run. I'm really proud of how SBEC's undersized guys played their hearts out and butts off against a physically superior team. The coaches offensive and defensive game plans were flawless. Both coaches and players did all they could.

The game against USJ should be very entertaining. DA's defensive backfield can be had IF you can block their pass rush.

Here's the rub. I hate complaining but this was so blatantly egregious I'm amazed the OCK could ignore it in his post.

2:00 minutes to go in the game 14-7 SBEC.

Sideline warning by the side judge on SBEC with DA at the SBEC 47.

Long pass down the right side. 3 SBEC defenders, 1 receiver, jump ball, tipped away. Back judge does nothing. Side judge comes running up the field and throws a flag. Pass interference. Move it to the 32. Okay. Deep breath. Across the field, I can't see it well but hard to imagine that was PI and the ref that ought to be making the call didn't make it but OK. Such is life. Persevere and play on.

Play or two later, I believe. 1:09 to go in the game.

Flag from the ref on the SBEC side. 15 yard personal foul SIDELINE WARNING. You got it. He made the warning w/ 2:00 to go in the game. Then a game minute later moves the ball from the 32 to the 17 on a personal foul SIDELINE WARNING. Never in my life have I seen such a thing. Never.

Wow...just wow. Bowlegged ref who couldn't run. Not making fun of him just pointing out which one he is if that rings a bell for somebody.

The DA TD catch right after that was outstanding...phenomenal acrobatic catch by the DA receiver.

The matchup next week s/b outstanding. USJ can be run on. SBEC did pretty well on the ground vs. them running the Notre Dame box. They're still a pretty good defensive team, though. DA ought to be able to run the ball some though USJ is crazy if they don't stack the box and make DA throw if they can. I wish I could see that game. I'm prediciting USJ will have some passing success early forcing DA to be a little more aggressive on offense and it s/b a very, very entertaining game w/ both sides putting up a few points...maybe not a shootout but a good, fun game with some offense from 2 really fine teams. Good luck to both outstanding squads and safe travel to USJ.

Flag from the ref on the SBEC side. 15 yard personal foul SIDELINE WARNING. You got it. He made the warning w/ 2:00 to go in the game. Then a game minute later moves the ball from the 32 to the 17 on a personal foul SIDELINE WARNING. Never in my life have I seen such a thing. Never.

wow, u just can't make that kinda call in that situation. as we all know, ref can call it on any play and any game. just flat out the wrong time to do that. da gets that call at home i guess. ur right, da is very talented and very physical. their soph rb and #8 is beast.

That #8 Arrington is just a horse. Having watched him over the years, I can say that he is such a difference maker for DA. He doesn't get the carries but boy does he do the dirty work opening up holes for Williams and now Dixon. He's one heck of a LB, too, but just a bulldozing FB that you don't see at this level too, too often. I don't know what his speed or pass-catching abilities are but I have to think he can play college ball for somebody as a true full back.

That #8 Arrington is just a horse. Having watched him over the years, I can say that he is such a difference maker for DA. He doesn't get the carries but boy does he do the dirty work opening up holes for Williams and now Dixon. He's one heck of a LB, too, but just a bulldozing FB that you don't see at this level too, too often. I don't know what his speed or pass-catching abilities are but I have to think he can play college ball for somebody as a true full back.

Blair is a true FB. He has done a fine job over the last 4 years. Remeber Big Eric? #2 from the last group of boys? Blair is alot like Eric for sure.

I have always respected your opinions fover the years and find your unbias views of all teams to be very accurate. Justin is doing much better now and wishes he could have played against Ryan and SBEC friday. He understands that next year Ryan will be gone. He is a heck of a QB. We wish him the best of luck and hope he continues to play somewhere.

Jordan, Justin's brother is like Josh #25 was.....a scat back. He is finally back in a limited role. Wade is not using him much due to his broke ankle he recieved in a practice scrimmage at the first of pads. He did some wildcat, kickoffs and punt returns Friday night.

Think you will see him more here at the end. Best of luck to everyone and Justin will be back next year to finish out.

Always great to read your posts. Please do your year end summary this year if you have time. Best of luck and safe travel to everyone.

DII