First Annual Battle of the Boro - Old School!

davidlimbaugh

For Immediate Release

Contact Person: David Limbaugh

Phone: 615-545-2352

E-mail: david@riverdalewarriors.com

First Annual Battle Of the Boro – Old School – Alumni Baseball Game

Murfreesboro, Tennessee — Oakland and Riverdale baseball plan on making the “Battle of the Boro – Old School” Alumni baseball game an annual event, alternating sites each year between the two ballparks, odd years at Oakland and even years at Riverdale.

Everyone who ever played baseball as a Patriot or a Warrior is encouraged to participate in what should be a great day at the ball yard.

The first Battle will be on March 13, 2010 at Riverdale. A home-run derby will begin at noon. The derby will have an entry fee with the winner receiving half the purse and the other half being donated to the American Red Cross.

The game will begin at 1:00 with the following ground rules. No more than six runs may be scored in an inning. The batter begins with a no ball, one strike count. A courtesy runner for any base runner and for players over a certain age, an optional designated runner to run to first when the batter puts the ball in play.

Admission is $1.00, to be split between the two schools. T-Shirts commemorating the game will be available for $10.00 each for players and fans. We ask you to bring your old O and R hats but we will have some available for purchase.

The winner of the game will gain possession of the Jolly-Draper cup, named after the first coach at each school. We are hoping that 5, 10, 20 and other reunion groups for each school will schedule events around this event.

For more information please contact David Limbaugh.

• 3 months later...
David,

How many people have signed up so far?

19 confirmed guest on our facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/davidlimbaugh?v=app_2344061033&ref=profile#!/event.php?eid=195511428432&index=1

I have had a couple of calls from folks who saw the ad in the paper and a couple of folks have told me they have heard the radio commercial. Dustin Smith is in charge of Riverdale and Jerry Knox has Oakland. As long as we have enough show up to play a game it should be fun. I am curious to see who wins the home run contest. I hope this gets to a big enough event that we have to have a 70-80's game and a 90-00's game :) T-shirts look nice and trophies will be nice. Should be fun - agreed? I am hoping some parents who have been away since their kids graduated will come back to say hi!