Tellico, Sequoyah, Sweetwater

akphilips

Ive not seen Tellico or Sweetwater play but i just came back from watching Sequoyah and Loudon play and Sequoyah is definately better than they were last year which is kinda surprising to me. Mostly because 6'4 senoir Joe Fritts transferred to McMinn Central after having an argument with Coach Hull. And plus they lost big man Ferguson and super quick back up point Carson to graduation.

However, Justin Phillips is a super talent that didn't play school ball last year(just rec league and some aau i think). That kid can jump outta the gym....unreal.

They rotated 10 tonight which i thought was too many (more like 8 imho.)

But if Coach Hull lets them keep runnin and gunnin i think thsi team could surprise alot of teams. They are definately suited to it but Coach Hull has never really shown much interest in that style til tonight. I would say Sequoyah will be best in county unless one of the other two have had some real drastic changes since last year. :roll:

SW beat Sequatchie earlier this week in overtime by 7. The trailed by around 10 in the third quarter but steadily cut the lead and sent it into overtime before winning. One of the guards had around 32-35 points, it was mentioned in the top scorers topic.

Thursday against Chattanooga Christian that same player let some poor calls get to him and got a technical in the third with his team still in it, I think it was his 5th foul. The fourth quarter of that game was brutal with each team committing foul after foul. I'd guess CCS attempted about 40 free throws and won by around 18-20. Even with that margin I didn't see them being significantly better though they did win the game.