Wayne County next year.....how will they do?

jusboro

After having one of the greatest seasons in WCHS history and losing in the 4th round to Union City....how will Wayne County do next year? They are losing alot of seniors and some underclassmen will have to step up....thoughts?

The line will be just fine, of course they lost some great lineman but there will be know problem filling in those spots.Players like simms, bratcher, roumbough,willis, and some others will have to step it up. Most of those players got alot of playing time last year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After having one of the greatest seasons in WCHS history and losing in the 4th round to Union City....how will Wayne County do next year? They are losing alot of seniors and some underclassmen will have to step up....thoughts?

The line will be just fine, of course they lost some great lineman but there will be know problem filling in those spots.Players like simms, bratcher, roumbough,willis, and some others will have to step it up. Most of those players got alot of playing time last year.

Did here that Spring Practice starts today? Are there any games on tap?

Did here that Spring Practice starts today? Are there any games on tap?

I don't know of any games but I hope they play one or two. Did the spring practice get going yesterday with the rain? Who long will they practice? School is out soon.

I think that I may have an idea (after talking to some players) of what the starting line up will be for next year as of now.

Offense

QB- Tyler Rice

Running backs- Clint Butler, Nick Horton, maybe Drew Bevis

Receivers- Austin Rice, Hayden Skelton, and Drew Bevis

Tight-End- Lucas Pepinger

OL-

Center- Dakota Willis

Guards- Daylon Teftaller, Jacobe Brewer

Tackles- Boston Ray, Cheynne Reeves

DL-

Defensive-Ends- Eric Garland, Jacobe Brewer

D-Tackles- Boston Ray, Daylon Teftaller

Linebackers-

Middle- Lucas Pepinger, Nick Horton

Outside- Clint Butler, Maybe Drew Bevis, Don't know any others can't remember

Secondary-

Safty- Austin Rice

Corners- Maybe Drew Bevis, Tyler Rice and Hayden Skelton

Other potential starters and/or backups

Jacob Ray, Austin Duke, Daniel Rombagh, Jason Bratcher, Carson Kelly, New kids #30 and #40, Zach Clayton, Logan Self, *Dillion Keating if they can get him to come back, and there may be others that I can't remember. Sorry if I misspelled any names.

Anyway there is a look at things, there is still alot of experience on the team. These kids just need to step up, I think we will still be contenders. Go Cats. :lol:

Dakota Willis at center? :roflol:

I think that I may have an idea (after talking to some players) of what the starting line up will be for next year as of now.

Offense

QB- Tyler Rice

Running backs- Clint Butler, Nick Horton, maybe Drew Bevis

Receivers- Austin Rice, Hayden Skelton, and Drew Bevis

Tight-End- Lucas Pepinger

OL-

Center- Dakota Willis

Guards- Daylon Teftaller, Jacobe Brewer

Tackles- Boston Ray, Cheynne Reeves

DL-

Defensive-Ends- Eric Garland, Jacobe Brewer

D-Tackles- Boston Ray, Daylon Teftaller

Linebackers-

Middle- Lucas Pepinger, Nick Horton

Outside- Clint Butler, Maybe Drew Bevis, Don't know any others can't remember

Secondary-

Safty- Austin Rice

Corners- Maybe Drew Bevis, Tyler Rice and Hayden Skelton

Other potential starters and/or backups

Jacob Ray, Austin Duke, Daniel Rombagh, Jason Bratcher, Carson Kelly, New kids #30 and #40, Zach Clayton, Logan Self, *Dillion Keating if they can get him to come back, and there may be others that I can't remember. Sorry if I misspelled any names.

Anyway there is a look at things, there is still alot of experience on the team. These kids just need to step up, I think we will still be contenders. Go Cats. :roflol:

Dakota Willis at center? :lol:

I would look for Garland at LB and Joe #40 and a DT spot or OT. Nate #30 probably at a LB or corner.

WC is a bunch of redneck imbreds that like to play some football ain't they?

I'd say Wayne is no going to be very good this year. They might win 6 games. They have just lost way too many players. They lost 3 OL & 3 RBs/LBs. They just don't enough kids to have a good runner. I'd say stop the run & cover the Rice kid and you win. No one else can catch it or run it.

I'd say Wayne is no going to be very good this year. They might win 6 games. They have just lost way too many players. They lost 3 OL & 3 RBs/LBs. They just don't enough kids to have a good runner. I'd say stop the run & cover the Rice kid and you win. No one else can catch it or run it.

After the '08 season, they lost a lot of guys but replacements were found. I'm not worried about the line as much as I am running backs. Butler showed some promise in a few games this past season and I think he'll surprise some people. Bevis will probably get some carries too. His size will make it easy for him to run between people's legs.

After the '08 season, they lost a lot of guys but replacements were found. I'm not worried about the line as much as I am running backs. Butler showed some promise in a few games this past season and I think he'll surprise some people. Bevis will probably get some carries too. His size will make it easy for him to run between people's legs.

Black & Gold Game Friday night has anyone heard that yet? Pete you're wrong WC will be ok this year maybe not as good as last year but maybe better who knows.

Black & Gold Game Friday night has anyone heard that yet? Pete you're wrong WC will be ok this year maybe not as good as last year but maybe better who knows.

I hate to rain on the parade but this Wayne County

team will not be as good as last years team......truthfully, the best they can

do is 2nd behind Perry Co....

I hate to rain on the parade but this Wayne County

team will not be as good as last years team......truthfully, the best they can

do is 2nd behind Perry Co....

They may not be as good as last years team but I did watch them a little yesterday. They look a whole lot bigger across the front on defense & offense. I bet they average at least 245 up front. They have some maturing to do but that will come. Garland at LB looks like a beast. With him and Pippenger at LB WC is as huge there as I've ever seen. Both are over 6' 1" and over 210 lookout. WC will have to find some RB replacements though. Clint Butler will be 1 who will be the other?