Coach Sheppard resigns

BigG

On Nov. 1, Oak Ridge won 11-0. On Oct. 19, they won 16-0. They opened the year with a combined score of 17-0 in 2 games. I doubt the coach thinks he made any sort of mistake, so really nothing to learn from here. I am not being critical of the coach (since I am of the opinion it is each team's responsibility to field a competitive team), just being critical of people with double standards who have come on this board to blast teams on multiple occasions for running up scores.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, I don't keep track of 128 high school scores. But it seems the NOV 1 match would have been during playoffs, no?

Perhaps your just thick but as the admins of this board requested, please keep your comments positive regarding a coach who resigned.

BTW, you never answered my question earlier this year. Why were you benched from coaching?

I am not being critical of the coach, only being critical of you. But now I am not so sure I should be so harsh? Maybe we share some of the same opinions since it seems you think it is ok for coaches to win by double digits, depending on the situation, of course. Like if the coach has shaken your hand or given you a warm smile. :thumb:

You seem to be putting words in my mouth to support your fable. I didn't think it was alright on Nov 1. I just was smiling. So many comment on how the west has a free ride to states, I see some Shutes and Slides in the East now.

I also don't think there is a chance we will be on the same side. My money says your a South Bend die hard. Now that should have happened 4 years ago.

Perhaps your just thick but as the admins of this board requested, please keep your comments positive regarding a coach who resigned.

Actually, I was suggesting that there not be any comments at all except for who the new coach might be. It has been proven already that there can not be a civil conversation on this matter.

On Nov. 1, Oak Ridge won 11-0. On Oct. 19, they won 16-0. They opened the year with a combined score of 17-0 in 2 games. I doubt the coach thinks he made any sort of mistake, so really nothing to learn from here. I am not being critical of the coach (since I am of the opinion it is each team's responsibility to field a competitive team), just being critical of people with double standards who have come on this board to blast teams on multiple occasions for running up scores.

Wasn't it Greeneville that won the derby this season for biggest score spread? And wasn't coach Eiskamp who is a great guy, voted by his peers as AA coach of the year? Just wanting to get it straight how people here can say on the one hand here is a great coach who ran up the score, and its ok, and here is another coach that ran up the score and it isn't. So which is it? And who gets the pass in your mind and why is it allowed to have a double standard?

Wasn't it Greeneville that won the derby this season for biggest score spread? And wasn't coach Eiskamp who is a great guy, voted by his peers as AA coach of the year? Just wanting to get it straight how people here can say on the one hand here is a great coach who ran up the score, and its ok, and here is another coach that ran up the score and it isn't. So which is it? And who gets the pass in your mind and why is it allowed to have a double standard?

Your question is the one I am posing to Canes. He constantly slams coaches that win in double digits yet he has lots of praise for Coach Sheppard. You can read my posts to understand I do not share his view.

And I will continue to slam those that take advantage in double digits for creating a foul.

This thread was initiated by the administrator and the second post was Coach T sharing no negative comments. So do both of you think this is a good place to pick some issues about a retiring coach or maybe a good place to wish him well? I opted to wish him well. If you want to pick this up on the "Who will win by the largest spread this year", I'm all game. Plan on bringing yours.