Willie

easteaglebaseball

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Chipper going to try to get a Scholarship at Basketball ? I know he is pretty good at Baseball also, but last night, I seen on the best 3 point shooting and just flat out playing ball I have ever seen in a High School game, he is very impressive.

Wow... how did you know Chipper was my brother?

Thanks for the compliment on him. He has worked very hard on his basketball game. He has been more focused on basketball than baseball the last 3 or 4 years but he is still a good high school baseball player. He is a little undersized in both basketball and baseball but his talent makes up for his size. Union and Freed have showed some interest in him for basketball. We are hoping more come along and he gets an offer soon. He loves the game and yes although he is my brother he did put on a show the other night against EH.

Thanks again!

He stood out last year, but this year I heard several East Hickman parents state that he was the best all around player they have seen on a High School court. He was unstoppable and his hard work has paid off. As for baseball I know he is also a stand out. After he played us last year in basketball I knew he would be better this year......but WOW. Any college coach watching him play surly will overlook the size factor, he is gonna put up points and get the ball downcourt no matter how big the others are. I hope he gets picked up and gets a good Scholarship.

He stood out last year, but this year I heard several East Hickman parents state that he was the best all around player they have seen on a High School court. He was unstoppable and his hard work has paid off. As for baseball I know he is also a stand out. After he played us last year in basketball I knew he would be better this year......but WOW. Any college coach watching him play surly will overlook the size factor, he is gonna put up points and get the ball downcourt no matter how big the others are. I hope he gets picked up and gets a good Scholarship.

Chipper has a chance to be a two sport athlete at a small college.

That would be nice but we are just hoping for one or the other.

That would be nice but we are just hoping for one or the other.

I have heard how good Chipper is and I would expect that he needs to talk to colleges about playing two sports. Or pick a sport and shoot for the D1 College stars.

I have watched him play basketball for the last 3 years, he keeps getting better, I have no doubt he could go to a good college, its not everyday you have a pure shooter like him come along, he is taking NBA 3 pointers, nothing but net, he dont care about the 3 point line......when he feels it he hits it. He plays smart, and can handle the ball as good as he shoots, East hasnt played CA in baseball as of yet, But i remember him as a travel ball player on Hit after hit and he stood out there as well, i am sure he is on top of his game on the baseball field too.

As far as college where is his heart at? Basketball or Baseball ? I know when he was on hit after hit he was very passionate about baseball, he was always one of those 110% kids . Im sure he will be getting much more attention as this season progresses. I seen you post where "bulldog" is going to columbia state????? I know Coach Britt was on the phone after the east Springhill game calling his contacts to Southern Alabama telling them to get up here and look at this kid.