Karns Coach Officially Applies for Oak Ridge Job

orcat

What has been talked about since Coach Smith announced her resignation is now official. Coach Williams at Karns has applied to be the next Head volleyball coach at Oak Ridge high school.

While this has been no secret at OR, here on coach T this was looked at as being odd. Williams is expected to be named before the first of the year.

What has been talked about since Coach Smith announced her resignation is now official. Coach Williams at Karns has applied to be the next Head volleyball coach at Oak Ridge high school.

While this has been no secret at OR, here on coach T this was looked at as being odd. Williams is expected to be named before the first of the year.

Uh Oh, Orcat, now you have done it. You are going to be arrested by the P Hargus computer police board. They take no prisoners, there is only one way, the Hargis Seagull way. :thumb:

WOW -- ORCAT, are you just making stuff up now that the season is over?

I just got off the phone with Coach Williams. She hasn't applied for the OR job, hasn't interviewed for it, and there won't be any announcements before the first of the year.

What have you been smoking ORCAT???

Your credibility just took a major hit with this one!

Why do you feel the need to make up lies about Karns?? Is this a new psychological strategy?

AMAZING!

V2, so no one will misunderstand my post of the subject, a News article came out in the Knoxville News two weeks ago explaining the issues about OR and Farragut with quotes from the Oak Ridge AD which explained where the selection process was. That article from a reputable news organization is the only source available

V2, so no one will misunderstand my post of the subject, a News article came out in the Knoxville News two weeks ago explaining the issues about OR and Farragut with quotes from the Oak Ridge AD which explained where the selection process was. That article from a reputable news organization is the only source available

Don't you think the individual being discussed is a reliable source???

There are lots of rumors floating around -- Coach Williams is going to Farragut, Catholic's Mike Jones is going to Farragut, Carmen Foster -- Director of SMJVC is going to Oak Ridge, Chris or Jay Hames of K2 have applied for both, Farragut assistant Coach Cleer is the leading contender at FHS, Jason and Deidre Keeble have applied for both, ORHS wants an alum, etc. -- but these are all rumors . . .

ORCAT seems to be the only one trying to pass off RUMOR as FACT!

• 3 weeks later...

Latest in-side scoop. Hames are only interested in Webb (package deal), not Farragut or OR. This is the only way they can get their girls tuition paid for at Webb. Keeble will follow Jones to Farragut, wife is out of picture, D will stay on at SMJVC since her and C. Hames now don't see eye-to-eye anymore. C. Foster of SMJVC has had trouble running the club, why would anyone want her to coach high school or feel she is qualified?? Major mistake in thinking that, I served on her board!! Karns coach is best deal around, she can win and coach and most importantly recruit. If Hames can't get Webb with UT's pull and major $$ influence, they (package deal) will focus efforts on obtaining paid-assistant position at UT. Watch out folks, this is getting interesting. Also, no economic slump for K2. $$$ continues to roll in faster than they can spend it unlike struggling SMJVC...Stay tuned ...Your Volleydawg. :lol:

Have not been on in a few weeks, it is basketball time, but saw these posts.

The only source to check with is the OR athletic director. The Karns coach has applied. If she says different she is hedging her bets until it is official.

Neither OR or Farragut is interested in either Hames. They both expressed interest and were told no thanks. Neither has any really coaching experience. I suspect Volleydawg is Mr. Hames.

Farragut has strong ties to CF, (especially Kara Greggs mother)and feel the way the Hames left CF when they started their own club was suspicious. Also, anybody foolish enough to pay $10,000 for a lifetime club fee for a brand new club is going to be left empty handed if the club folds. I am sure they are rolling in $$$$ but how are they going to pay next year, or the year after? If you paid for a "lifetime" membership kiss that money goodebye! Hames really want a job but most schools are savy enough to look the other way. Webb would be an exception because it doesn't really pay anything, but would offer a tuition waiver for their children which is nice.

Farragut is either going to go with the asst or Coach Jones from Catholic. This has been known since October. They are not considering anybody else, and never considered either Hames. Side note, Mrs. Hames is a former player, and seems to be high energy and is becoming a good club coach. She could do well in high school. I have no idea what Mr. Hames does with sports other than sales?

OR was interested in CF but she said no. It is either the Karns coach or the middle school coach.

My prediction is as follows:

Coach Jones goes to Farragut;

Coach Williams goes to Oak Ridge;

Mr. and Mrs. Hames go to Catholic (The UT asst is Mr. Hames self promoting not real);

Coach Seivers, from the Anderson County tree and current Karns asst takes Karns job.

Announcements