Knox West BBall

BallKing2008

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest test of the year nxt Tuesday against Fulton

I agree with you 100%. West will have the come ready to play, they almost failed the AE test of full on pressure. Luckly I was within earshot of hearing their coach telling one them that one of the players is playing scared. This senior player which i'm not going to mention by name was able to pull it together in the second half of the game and bring West back from the possible doom of a sudden AE win. West will need more bite in their play, more meanness in their hunger for the contol of the game. I still think this one will be close, but its going to be the game of the week.

West is playing 12-14 every game right now. That means a lot of pretty good basketball players are sitting on the bench. Why does a coach feel the need to keep everyone happy? Could you imagine if Jackson, Williams, and Stanford played 28 minutes a game. You could easily sub the others in the other spots and let Barrett be Stanford and Williams back up. Lot of talent on this team, but it could also be West's downfall. Of course, they are good enough to where this won't really matter until tournament time.

I agree. The West Coach must have learned from Bearden's Blevins. I was very surprised at West's substitutions the other night and it looked like a few of their players never got their rhythm, except for Tookie. Farragut played an excellent game and earned the win. West still looks to be the most talented team in the district from top to bottom, but you have to play the right players at the right time - Check with Blevins.