Fandetti Brawl 2010

ncwrestlingfan

Parkland looks formidable to say the least.

Christian Brothers has four of the best wrestlers I've seen this season-Baker, Baucke (sp?), and the Johnson Brothers. There is not a hole in their lineup.

Cleveland is Cleveland-aggressive and poised (not to mention a Price trained athlete on the coaching staff who has learned to succeed in spite of his old coach).

Ooltewah is always solid.

And those are just the people I've seen.

If we finish fourth and in one piece I will thank the gods and sneak out the back door of Freedom Hall.

This tournament looks brutal.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parkland looks formidable to say the least.

Christian Brothers has four of the best wrestlers I've seen this season-Baker, Baucke (sp?), and the Johnson Brothers. There is not a hole in their lineup.

Cleveland is Cleveland-aggressive and poised (not to mention a Price trained athlete on the coaching staff who has learned to succeed in spite of his old coach).

Ooltewah is always solid.

And those are just the people I've seen.

If we finish fourth and in one piece I will thank the gods and sneak out the back door of Freedom Hall.

This tournament looks brutal.

No respect! I thought you were my friend!!! :popcorneater:

The question for me on this tournament are how good are Parkland's wrestlers that are not ranked in NC...

If they are strong enough at those weights to finish top 4 then they will be right at the top.

I can see CBHS putting 7 in the finals with the possibility of a few others getting there as well.

Parkland looks like around 7 in the finals with the ability to add extras.

I am betting Cleveland and Science Hill are next with around 3-4 give or take 2.

Bob Jones, Greenback, and Ooltewah both potentially have a couple.

The one team I don't have a solid feel for is Hewitt-Trussville. They may have a few as well but are likely to be further back in the pack. I know they took 2nd at Soddy Daisy but they didn't really separate themselves from the pack that included Ooltewah and Greenback. Based on depth of the weights and where they finished it looks like the could be strongest at 171, 189, 152, 135, 215, and 285 in no particular order. I just don't have a solid feel for them... their kids that won at Soddy didn't do it at the toughest weights but their kids that were 3-4 were in much tougher weights (just my estimation).

When it comes down to it and if this thing comes down to Parkland and CBHS it will be all about how many they put in the finals and how many that don't make the finals can wrestle back to 3rd/4th. I don't know how Parkland will do in that area but as previously pointed out... there aren't many holes in the CBHS line-up.

Just my somewhat biased yet still somehow slightly objective analysis. I will say it one more time... hate I am missing this one!

NCWrestlingfan,

The way it works is that the wrestlers will be placed in a round robin group of four; a wrestler who wins his pool can finish no lower than fourth. A wrestler who finishes second in his pool will wrestle back, but can finish no higher than fifth. Wrestlers who finish third and fourth are eliminated, but the upside is that they get three matches as opposed to the two in a traditional double elimination.

The championship semis losers wrestle for third and fourth, while the consolation winners wrestle for fifth and sixth. In our tournament, consolation semis losers are eliminated, although some tournaments of this nature will wrestle a seventh and eighth place match.

The key is to clear your pool, because the subsequent rounds are where the place points are. The more pool winners you have, the better off your team will be, but the key is to clear your pool.

And rassinlite is correct; Christian Brothers is the real deal.

I think that is a great way to run a tournament Artus Climber, it gives the lesser wrestlers an opportunity to get more mat time. As so often is the case the kids who need the most mat time get the least. It also affords the tournament winner more than 3 matches as is also often the case. Win-Win.

I assume the tourney will be seeded by records and/or state placing? I'm looking forward to see how things shake out tomorrow. I KNOW CBHS is for real. I also know another 4 or 5 teams look strong too. I'm not a Parkland honk, but they are tough as well. Most of their kids have wrestled and beat some tough kids. A couple of kids have not beat "name" wrestlers, so in my eyes are still a question mark. I do not know if any of their kids are the best in the state in their weight class but they have a very solid line up top to bottom. Their current win streak is now 165 consecutive matches and they wrestle tonight as well (shouldn't be close...at all).

If anyone is attending tomorrow with a mobile device, how about some updates?

160 is not particularly stacked but there are a couple of kids it would be too close to call without them wrestling. A kid from Cary is a junior all american (Va, Beach Nationals), defending state 4A champion and has pinned 26 of 28 matches wrestled, plus a tech fall and a major. So he is tough. Ali is the defending 3A state champ and Parkland has been moved up to 4A as well this year, so these guys will probably meet in the finals. Another kid from a 3A team that Ali will not meet this season is also really good.

Any word how the tourney is going?