State tournament "shift" on dates!

BigG

Just read in the News Sentinel that the TSSAA has passed that the state soccer tournament is going to be shifted back one day, so that it will be played on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. It was so that it wouldn't conflict with other sports finals.

Personally, I think that stinks. Playing on a Saturday allowed for fans from across the state to be able to come without missing school or work. I can't find the article on line, otherwise I would post it here. If anyone can find it, please post the link. (It may be on the TSSAA minutes, and I just haven't looked there).

I know that the Divison II finals were on Friday for the past 2 years. I guess that means they will shift to Thursday? Can anyone from D-II say how well playing on a week day went?

I just don't see how there was such a big conflict and the need for the shift.

i have known about this for about a week and a half but have been busy and couldn't post

The dates for the DI and DII Soccer State Championships will be moved from

May 26-29 to May 25-28. The new schedule will be as follows:

DI Quarterfinals – Tuesday May 25

DI, DII Semifinals – Wednesday May 26

DII Championships – Thursday May 27

DI Championships – Friday May 28

they pretty much want everything at spring fling to end by friday

What TSSAA is really missing is that they are requiring students to miss up to 4 days of school (final exam usually, but not always). I'd rather it be pushed up to the previous weekend and only have a final 4 for all divisions. Semifinals on Friday and Finals on Saturday. One day missed for students.

I know this is a BIG money issue for TSSAA, but aren't the kids supposed to be students first?