• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

284-6 Colton Palmer Riverside 2003-07

256-18 Luis Ramos Parkland 2005-09

242-6 Justin Sparrow East Gaston 2003-07

241-6 Vincent Ramirez Eastern Wayne/Riverside 2000-04

234-1 Chris Bullins McMichael 2003-07

North Carolina recently made rule changes to throttle down the number of matches wrestlers have an opportunity to wrestle now, even so, the top wrestlers will get mid 60 matches a year now. Most states are getting about 50+ these days. A lot of teams schedule one dual meet during the week and a dual tournament with formats allowing 5 matches on Saturday. Season (regular) started 11/16 runs through 2/5 and conference tourney's on 2/6. Then dual team playoffs (5 rounds for the winner - 2 Tues, 2 Thurs, championship on Saturday), 4 regionals (16 man brackets) and finally states, again 16 man brackets.

50 regular season, 14 post season = 64 matches possible now. I may be a bit off in what I understand as the way it is set up now, but this is close.

I don't know any numbers but I'd say Phillip Simpson and the Dunning brothers from Father Ryan would have to be up there somewhere.

Philip was 176-11 including national h.s. tourney. lost nine as an eighth grader, then once as a soph ?? at McCallie Invite and then once at senior nationals ... not sure about the Dunnings.