Farragut Football for 2010 year

allvolfan1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now remember.. You as a player have none because you went to Central. Who stopped Central from getting that state title?

Now how does that have anything to do with the topic.Why must you constantly hijack threads? Besides when I played at CENTRAL we never even sniffed a state championship. :popcorneater:

We won't water the grass too much , so that should help out with preparations. GO REBELS!

There is no one that will in this region that will give Maryville and trouble. Farragut had a good lead last year and blow it and then got blown out in the play offs.

Got got were is the scrimmage tonight with AE and what time.

Edited by allvolfan1

So how did the scrimmage go last night. From reading the Tennesee High and Knoxville West info Knoxville West sounds like they are going to be pretty good this year.

I watched for about an hour. The first 2 possessions Farragut did not look very good. Fumble, then an interception and barely held AE at the 2 yard line. Then Farragut woke up......2 touchdowns on their next 2 possessions and they looked very good. The defense also looked good. Stopped AE on their possessions. The pass defense still needs a lot of improvement. A team with a good passing game will give them trouble.

Not sure what happened after that. When I left it was 14-0 Farragut. Maybe someone else can fill in the rest.

You caught the best parts. AE did score 2 touchdowns against Farragut's back-ups. Farragut's back-ups added one more touchdown. The final score was 21-14 Farragut. AE wore down as the game progressed. Farragut's depth was a factor late in the scrimmage. AE played a lot of kids both ways, they were gased near the end. AE is the real deal. They were dominate early, Farragut had to adjust to their speed. After the first couple series, Farragut got things going. Concerns for Farragut are definitely with secondary and getting more push from the D-line. AE needs more depth, too many 2-way players. Some of their "big" lineman were walking around not being able to go full speed. They have a solid running game and surpisely good passing attack. AE defense was as billed the first two series, after that not a factor. Both teams had too many turnovers. (fumbles and interceptions) Good start for both teams.

Aloca could leave there first team at home and still beat Farragut by 3 or 4 TD's. Farragut has had good teams these past 5 years and nothing. I have watched them earlier in the season and look pretty good as the year goes on they seem to get worse like playoff team. I have heard they had some coaching changes with this new budget problem what coaches are still there.

You better watch out for Knox West this year heard they looked pretty good against Tennessee High on friday morning scrimmage.

Wow!!!!

Allvol you must be an Admiral "hater"... you went from recapping the scrimmage to bashing the team. To your comment about Rankin leaving his starters at home, I don't believe he's as confident as you are about Friday. Looks like you spend a lot of time checking out Farragut, what's your beef? Besides Maryville and Alcoa, Farragut's had the best record around Knoxville. You're RIGHT... the admirals have fallen a bit short over the past 7 years. My question is they must have some talent or they wouldn't be getting to the 3 round of the playoffs year after year. I have no problem giving Alcoa their props.. they've proven to be a GREAT team. But to leave the starters at the house... Not even Alcoa is that good. Farragut down on experience? Yes... Down on talent? Think again....

My take on AE scrimmage:

Johnson should be the feature tailback. In the spring and summer scrimmages, Farragut has struggled on the ground until Johnson replaces Hudson at tailback. Johnson is visibly superior. He is much quicker and decidedly more elusive.

Young offensive line will have to mature quickly. They must get physical and sustain blocks. They have good size and potential, but they need to get a little more nasty and aggressive.

Perez's game-breaking talent will be lost at receiver. He should be in the backfield at TB. He will never get enough touches at receiver, especially with inexperience at quarterback. If you want to get the ball in the hands of your best athletes, hand it to them.

#41 Freeman needs to get a look at DE or LB. He is very physical, but unlikely to see the field at tailback. He might eventually be a decent back, but he could be a stud at DE or LB.

Defensive line is inexperienced, but I see improvement from the spring. Depth will help, but they need reps.

Edited by Former44