Is 11AA a weaker district than 12AA?

MC1992

I'm a Marshall Co. fan and was curious about 11AA since that's who will round out our region 6 AA tournament. Based on recent posts, It seems that Creek Wood is the only team in 11AA. Based on that it's hard to judge a team that really hasn't been tested. I think that when region play starts, alot of Creek Wood fans are gonna be a little shocked when they see the teams from 12AA. Most of the teams in 12AA have been battle tested, and I don't think Creek Wood has been. Time will eventually tell. Creek Wood has a good record, but doesn't have any big wins. I think Marshall Co., and Spring Hill will come out of the region 6 AA tournament 1 and 2. Once again, time will tell and good luck to all. Go Marshall Co. Tigers!!!!!

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creek Wood is the best in 11 AA and Marshall county is the best in 12 AA, but anything can happen in the tournament. Especially when a loss will end your season. If you like Spring Hill over CW you should come watch CW play. I have seen SH play and was very impressed. They are very young and there best years are ahead of them. Look at common opponents this year: SH 61 Perry County 51 CW 72 Perry County 40 and CW 57 Perry County 36, next SH 56 Fairview 45 and SH 59 Fairview 45 CW 51 Fairview 37 Next SH 62 Lewis County 49, SH 89 LC 69, and CW 56 Lewis County 32 Next ; SH 51 Harpeth 50 CW 61 Harpeth 31. CW has wins over AAA schools Tullahoma and Franklin County. Only losses were back in November to East Literature and CPA. CW is playing there best ball of the season right now and that is not because of the opposition, it is because Creek Wood is a very mature senior oriented team. I do not know who will win in head to head and that is all that matters, but I believe CW has as good of a chance as anyone to advance out of the region. I think it is wide open. I think Page will be the sleeper in 12 AA and watch out for Harpeth in 11 AA. Both are well coached and the records do not matter in the tournament. Good luck too all. It should be a great tournament.

I'm a Marshall Co. fan and was curious about 11AA since that's who will round out our region 6 AA tournament. Based on recent posts, It seems that Creek Wood is the only team in 11AA. Based on that it's hard to judge a team that really hasn't been tested. I think that when region play starts, alot of Creek Wood fans are gonna be a little shocked when they see the teams from 12AA. Most of the teams in 12AA have been battle tested, and I don't think Creek Wood has been. Time will eventually tell. Creek Wood has a good record, but doesn't have any big wins. I think Marshall Co., and Spring Hill will come out of the region 6 AA tournament 1 and 2. Once again, time will tell and good luck to all. Go Marshall Co. Tigers!!!!!

I wouldn't call either one of those districts battle tested.....They are very weak districts compared to West Tn. West Tn is truly battle tested. 11AA and 12AA don't play in any major tournaments. Bottom line is this... Marshall county is very lucky this year, they don't have to play Liberty or Bolivar for substate, because of realignment. Harpeth, Creekwood, Sycamore etc. Were in the same region with Liberty and Bolivar and Liberty and Bolivar blasted through that region, now they go through Memphis for substate. Marshall county's substate is their old region....MLK, David Lipscomb, CPA etc. Marshall County has better chance to "Make" it to the boro this year....I don't think they will get past their region.

where are the Marshall County fans?

Marshall county has an average team with a great player on their team in kendren johnson...CW has an all around squad that plays well together and feeds off each other..haven't seen SH play but i hear they are pretty good and get after it...the region tourney will fun with loads of talent to watch........as for the west tn guy cw has proved over the past two years they can compete with the teams from west tn..two years ago they advanced through the west region and played CPA in the sub state when they had big Z and hunter miller so it really wasn't even a game but the point is they made it through the "loaded" region..and 3 yrs ago cw was beating bolivar by i believe 11 at bolivar late in the game then the game got out of control due to some horrible officiating so bolivar isn't all its cracked up to be

Marshall county has an average team with a great player on their team in kendren johnson...CW has an all around squad that plays well together and feeds off each other..haven't seen SH play but i hear they are pretty good and get after it...the region tourney will fun with loads of talent to watch........as for the west tn guy cw has proved over the past two years they can compete with the teams from west tn..two years ago they advanced through the west region and played CPA in the sub state when they had big Z and hunter miller so it really wasn't even a game but the point is they made it through the "loaded" region..and 3 yrs ago cw was beating bolivar by i believe 11 at bolivar late in the game then the game got out of control due to some horrible officiating so bolivar isn't all its cracked up to be

Good teams don't blame the officiating...compared to West Tn that district and region is weak. Liberty or Bolivar would be number one in that region... 11AA and 12AA are weak districts. Marshall lost to Tullahoma... Are you kidding me. Kedren gets most of his attention on the AAU circuit. Marshall County is not a good team.

didn't blame it on the officiating just said the game got out of control..if thats not the officals fault idk who's it is....and as far as liberty and bolivar being great teams they bear cw by 5 or 7 this summer so in my opinion a 5 point game can go either way..would love to see some west tn teams come to middle tn and play our style of ball rather than middle tn always going west..i think the outcome would be a lot diff but thats just my opinion....and your stupid kendre gets attention wherever he is playin it doesnt matter if its his 3rd period gym class ppl are always watching him

didn't blame it on the officiating just said the game got out of control..if thats not the officals fault idk who's it is....and as far as liberty and bolivar being great teams they bear cw by 5 or 7 this summer so in my opinion a 5 point game can go either way..would love to see some west tn teams come to middle tn and play our style of ball rather than middle tn always going west..i think the outcome would be a lot diff but thats just my opinion....and your stupid kendre gets attention wherever he is playin it doesnt matter if its his 3rd period gym class ppl are always watching him

Kedren is a good player.... In case you didn't understand what I meant was, Marshall County does not help his attention, because they are not a very good team outside of their area, having said that , AAU is best resource. As far as west coming to middle, I can't speak for Bolivar, but I follow Liberty, we came to middle this year, Liberty beat siegel and blasted Nashville Overton, those teams are tops in Middle Tn. And since you want to bring up the past... Don't forget Sycamore, Creekwood, Harpeth were in Liberty's region and it was a cake walk to the boro. Creekwood would stand a better chance breathing carbon dioxide and exhaling oxygen, rather than playing Liberty or Bolivar..... Are you Kidding me?

As far as Marshall having a good player on an average team, that's bogus. Jamie Perryman & Kevin Peterson could probably start @ any school in the state. The loss to Tullahoma was early in the season & no one was completely healthy at the time. I also heard that Marshall scrimmaged against CW & won by double digits. That scrimmage was also w/out Kedren & Jamie I might add. Don't know who CW had missing though. Talk is cheap & the fans don't play the game so like I said before, time will tell. Don't hate just wait. I'm out!!!

As far as Marshall having a good player on an average team, that's bogus. Jamie Perryman & Kevin Peterson could probably start @ any school in the state. The loss to Tullahoma was early in the season & no one was completely healthy at the time. I also heard that Marshall scrimmaged against CW & won by double digits. That scrimmage was also w/out Kedren & Jamie I might add. Don't know who CW had missing though. Talk is cheap & the fans don't play the game so like I said before, time will tell. Don't hate just wait. I'm out!!!

Time will tell, I repeat Kedren is a stud, he played AAU with some of the young men from West Tn. You guys love moral victories and scrimmage games, the Colts never have a good pre season, but I never here people talk about that.....Great teams are not crowned in the preseason, they are crowned when it counts. The west schedule is much tougher, Liberty might play the number one ranked team in another state, and the next night play the number one AAA team in the state of Tn, which happens to be ranked in the top 20 in the nation as well. Your toughest game is 20 miles down the road in Columbia, Tn. Lmao! Hate on what.....please child!

Come to think of it, this is about 11AA & 12AA. So I don't wanna hear about how good Liberty & Bolivar is. Speaking of moral victories, I don't think beating AAA schools is that big of a deal when you were just a AAA school last year yourself. Liberty is just a AAA school playing in AA. People always talk about how West Tennessee ball is so much better than everybody else. Lol! Guess Knox Fulton didn't get that memo last year, huh? Just remember this, any team can be beat any night. Regardless how many top ranked teams you've beaten. How many people really thought Tennessee would beat Kansas? Uh, probably not very many. In closing I would like to say if you want to talk about how good Liberty is, I'd recommend you starting your own post. "LIBERTY IS THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE", that should help you get started. LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!