Mouth Guards for Kids with Braces

bwm

Anyone have experience with what to purchase and who to purchase from? The only one I found on-line that says it's designed for braces has a "tab" sticking out the front similar to a football mouth piece. Seems to me this would get in the way during a match.

Suplay.com is down right now and I'd like to get it ordered ASAP.

My kid is 10 years old. I realize this is a high school board but the AAU wrestling board isn't very active and I would assume you folks have much more experience with this sort of thing.

Any info appreciated.

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/customer ... ource=base

Don't forget to let your 10 year old know the Tennessee wrestling motto, "if we can't beat 'em we eat 'em"

(from here):

Words out an Overton kid bit a NY kid in their match tonight. Welcome to Tenn. , yall comon back now ya hear. :thumb:

Nice first post. Is this hearsay or just pure fabrication ?

While we in Tennessee like our meat rare most decided long ago not to chomp on New Yorkers. Something about an after taste and you never know who was raised in the Love Canal district. Most stick to taking a bite out of Georgia or Florida wrestlers. More sunlight equates to better flavor, I've been told. If we can't beat em, we eat em is the motto here. Enjoy your stay.

your orthodontist should have mouth guards in stock so you dont have to pay shipping. The rule is it must have channels to protect the inside of the gums from the braces. If you only have bottom braces then you only have to cover the bottom teeth, but braces on both top and bottom the mouth guard must cover both bottom and top.